GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Build Thread - Project Jekyll & Hyde

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Sub'd for awesomeness

Jack14

Ready to race!
I like the mirror caps. Im thinking about going with a pair myself.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
:thumbup:

bump for an awesome build thread. Def Jekyl and Hyde like.

Had to go for the LSD and both brake kits. I simply cannot keep up with that lol

Well done though. The build stlyle def makes it sleeperish if you don't see those black calipers which I don't think the avg person will while driving haha.

pm sent too

Dom1

Ready to race!
19s really go well with the DG's.. love your build, so clean and functional.

Why do 19s have to be so heavy<k04makesupforit

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
19s really go well with the DG's.. love your build, so clean and functional.

Why do 19s have to be so heavy<k04makesupforit

I know, it's a shame....part of me feels better that I reduced weight with the Stoptech kit. The new wheels and tires came to 41lbs per unit (tire mounted on wheel)

Solid build, Great choice of parts!!

Looks sweet!

thank you K04 buddy!

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Just to say this and not in the other area.....if boost quote unquote....oscillates at lower boost levels......whats to stop it at higher more sensitive boost levels? hahaha But seriously. Just hope this update and or any of our three struggles can hit upon a solution. i really miss my car. Its funny that you or i have yet to feel a proper k04 pull. Needless to say you are handling it well though.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Just wanted to circle back to this, turns out I had an injector going bad. I went to Volkswagen since I was 500 miles shy of being outside my 36K bumper to bumper warranty. All four new injectors and a manual carbon cleaning for my new K04! She purrs like a kitten now at idle, much smoother, power delivery is omg/turbo/thisisfun!

Cylinder 1 Scraped:

Cylinder 1 Scraped:

Cylinder 1 Scraped:

Cylinder 1 Scraped:

Cylinder Vacuumed:

Cylinder Soaked in BG Solvent:

Cylinder Cleaned: