GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - 034Motorsport Street Density Engine & Trans Mounts

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
even the Pro kits rub? wtf?! they are suppose to be the smallest drop available. whats the size and offset of those rims you got there? neuspeeds?

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I have the eibach pro kit and it's actually quite a bit more than . 8 of an inch. They are too low in my opinion. I have about a one finger gap all the way around and I rub during hard cornering. If I knew they would be lower than the advertised drop I would have gotten different springs. Here's how they sit

You rub? Those look like Neuspeed's, so 18x8 et45? If you're on 225/40/18 you shouldn't be rubbing. Have you done the fender screw mod, or rolled your fenders? Hell I was 18x8.5 et45 on same spec tires without rubbing. This is all at 24.5 FTG or lower.

But back on topic,

I'm really looking forward to the mounts. They're close to the top of the list at the moment.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
even the Pro kits rub? wtf?! they are suppose to be the smallest drop available. whats the size and offset of those rims you got there? neuspeeds?
Yeah trust me I know. I was pissed when I saw how low they were. I thought I was getting a modest drop, I'm one of the lower cars of the Chicago group.

They are neuspeed wheels. 18x8 et 45 on 225 tires.

You rub? Those look like Neuspeed's, so 18x8 et45? If you're on 225/40/18 you shouldn't be rubbing. Have you done the fender screw mod, or rolled your fenders? Hell I was 18x8.5 et45 on same spec tires without rubbing. This is all at 24.5 FTG or lower.

But back on topic,

I'm really looking forward to the mounts. They're close to the top of the list at the moment.

Have done the fender screw mod but not rolled fenders. It only rubs during hard cornering. I drive on the harder side.

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
ugh, alright i run the stock serrons which are 7.5 so that should be ok for me, but would you say the Eibach pros are "floaty" compared to other springs like h&r's? if you have been in other cars with different springs on stock shocks i mean lol

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
ugh, alright i run the stock serrons which are 7.5 so that should be ok for me, but would you say the Eibach pros are "floaty" compared to other springs like h&r's? if you have been in other cars with different springs on stock shocks i mean lol

prob not the right thread to be talking about all this but since we're here why not haha.

I've been in a lot of other setups. I would not say they are floaty at all. I have them paired with koni yellows at about 60% stiff. I love they way they ride with the konis. Any spring with the stock dampers is really bouncy in my opinion.

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
srry for jacking the thread guys, thanks for the help, will let you know how the mounts work when i get them in

drakore

Ready to race!
Does anyone here have experience with the old VWR mounts that were made by Vibra Technics? Are they similar to the road/fast road kits they currently sell or are they more like the competition mounts?

Also, does anyone have a video from the cabin with any set of mounts installed? Ideally some stiffer ones because I would really like to see how bad the NVH is.

Thanks!

Last edited:

pashley

Ready to race!
I didn't notice anything, it was preventative after all other OEM bushings were upgraded, this surely was the next to go with 60K miles on it already. It definitely added the most NVH.

So, in a effort to keep the DD comfortable for vibration-sensitive passengers (read: my gf), would you suggest just skipping the dogbone inserts? I'm upgrading to k04 soon and want to minimize wheel hop/spin, but I'd like to avoid too much NVH.

pashley

Ready to race!
Honestly, the best combo I've tested is the 034 street engine/trans mounts and the VWR/Racingline subframe mount, perfect for daily driving and the subframe mount will give you all of the traction you need for the K04.

I already have the Tyrolsport subframe mount...absolutely love that upgrade. Do I need to drop the subframe to install the 034 engine/trans mounts?

pashley

Ready to race!
Actually, looks like the VWR subframe mount is different. I thought you were referring to the deadest kit for the subframe.