GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - Audi TT-RS Brake Scoops

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
The credit for this one goes to “The Bruce” who discussed this in the GolfMK5 threads a while back after finding out that these fit the MK5 GTI control arms. After installing the MK6 GTI SuperPro Performance Control Arm Kit which is the same shape as the MK5 GTI control arms, I was able to add this Audi TT-RS Brake Scoop Kit in a matter of minutes. I sourced the part numbers and placed the order with Paul at DeutscheAutoParts with fast shipping.

Audi TT-RS Brake Scoop Discussions:
TT RS Brake upgrade news
Audi brake cooling mod TTRS
RS3 / TT upper strut mount + brake ventilation element

Parts:

(Photo credited to “The Bruce”)

Installed:

Overall Feedback:
If these come factory on an Audi TT-RS, they must be beneficial right? In all seriousness I have no testing behind these brake scoops. My goal in the summer months is to use a temp gun to test both rotor sides with and without these scoops on. I’ll run the car hard through a 2 mile downhill twisty back road and take temps for the driver’s side (with scoop) and passenger side (without scoop) and will then post results later on.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
How tight was the fitment on yours? When I tried to install mine, I was convinced it wouldn't fit without some work.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Isn't the Superpro LCA for our cars technically not GTI LCAs? I thought they were just polished Passat LCAs with bushings pressed in.

I have the same basic setup as you, only significant addition is the Passat hubs and maybe the VWR sway front sway bar. Weird I need to try to install these again.

Did you have to flex the tabs on the back of the brake duct open to fit over the control arm? Mine were so tight I didn't want to snap the tabs off.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Hyde, good stuff here. What is total cost all-in on parts?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Isn't the Superpro LCA for our cars technically not GTI LCAs? I thought they were just polished Passat LCAs with bushings pressed in.

I have the same basic setup as you, only significant addition is the Passat hubs and maybe the VWR sway front sway bar. Weird I need to try to install these again.

Did you have to flex the tabs on the back of the brake duct open to fit over the control arm? Mine were so tight I didn't want to snap the tabs off.

Exactly, as long as they are not OEM MK6 GTI LCA's, these will fit. Mine are a tight fit and the tabs at the back slide over the control arm just fine, as soon as I started to tighten the bolt the tabs started to flex inwards towards the bushing but I didn't go all the way.

Hyde, good stuff here. What is total cost all-in on parts?

Honestly I think it was in the $150 ballpark for cooler brakes and hopefully brake dust freel wheels ha!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
$150, but what about the control arms, etc?

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
A retrofit probably isn't really required for the stamped arms - they slide over the arms just fine. Some pipe clamps or zip ties can be used to hold them on.

BTW, I got these for $100 shipped, i believe it was from Audi of San Diego.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
You can shop around but Audi/VW just had a price increase for all of their parts at the beginning on the year. I ordered mine from 1stvwparts.com

Last edited:

nikhsub1

What?

Thanks Paul! I ordered, my order # is 2032 so you can put the forum handle, to the name :D

I need to keep these puppies cool at the track :)