GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Subframe Collar Kit

nchiarel

Looking at the pictures in the original post, it seems like the "center disc" section of of the collars at Positions 2,3,4,5 are excessive diameter. The disc diameter is easily more than double that of the bolt head in Pos 3 & 4.

Why is that?

Is it just to make the collars all the same shape to ease manufacturing?

Is it to replace a washer so that a shorter bolt can be used? (I find this strange since a steel washer is probably much stiffer than a bronze disc)

The central disc portion at 1 & 6 seem to be a little larger than the washer. Not so bad, but I still see room for trimming the disc.

Any enlightenment is appreciated.

Does anyone know if the bolt going through the DogBone Mount needs to be replaced and what the part number is?

Thanks

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Great writeup.

Even though my car is clunk free for now, these have been on my list since day one.

I dealt with clunking issues that I never did quite solve on my last vehicle, and it would've been nice to have something like this as my disposal.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Where does the rear kit mount? Is it that big of a change? I already have an RB but stiffening the mounting to the body would be nice.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Not only is this kit amazing, wait until I post a guide and review on the TyrolSport REAR subframe kit....yes gentleman, rear kit is almost available.

That's funny. I was there yesterday and I saw 2 boxes full of collars. I wonder if they were the rear kit. I didn't ask because I didn't know about a different kit.

I was there because I bent a spring due to a huge pothole!!!!! I never seen anything like that in my life. The spring was collapsing over the perch.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Finally!!

Finally is right!

Where does the rear kit mount? Is it that big of a change? I already have an RB but stiffening the mounting to the body would be nice.

In the review I'm posting, I have a diagram that will explain the bolt and collar locations, it's super simple once you're under the rear end of the car.

That's funny. I was there yesterday and I saw 2 boxes full of collars. I wonder if they were the rear kit. I didn't ask because I didn't know about a different kit.

I was there because I bent a spring due to a huge pothole!!!!! I never seen anything like that in my life. The spring was collapsing over the perch.

That would be them! I think they are working to get them on their site soon! I'm going to provide them feedback soon after taking the car through the mountains this weekend.

Review should be up Monday!

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
It's a good call by them to give you a kit to test out and write a review if they are confident in the product. You do excellent reviews.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion

Isn't it crazy??? Just when you think you're done somebody makes something cool and we buy it!!!!!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Well, I've been chatting to Ryan about this for a while and essentially it works much like the front subframe collars do.

However, I don't think there's as much play to the body. That's why I wanted to know if there was an actual measurable difference.

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
I got this done and didnt do anything for me. Turns out I diagnosed the sound incorrectly. I'm pretty sure it's the springs binding which means new upper strut bearings. FML and 220 dollars later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
It's a good call by them to give you a kit to test out and write a review if they are confident in the product. You do excellent reviews.

thank you for that compliment, I appreciate that.

Isn't it crazy??? Just when you think you're done somebody makes something cool and we buy it!!!!!

Lol, we are never done....

Well, I've been chatting to Ryan about this for a while and essentially it works much like the front subframe collars do.

However, I don't think there's as much play to the body. That's why I wanted to know if there was an actual measurable difference.

Agreed, from underneath the car I did try to shake and move the rear subframe as much as I could and there is definitely play in the chunky rubber bushings. These collars drop inside the rubber bushings to keep the bolts centralized while the rubber around them still isolates NVH from the chassis. So far driving 2 days I can't tell a difference but then again I have snow tires on the car. There is a massive on-ramp by me that's almost like turn 3 at Pocono raceway and that will be my test bed once the Michelin PSS tires are on. To be dead honest I'm not expecting to notice a difference, I feel like this just completes the collar concept for the entire subframe.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
The Audi and Passat bolts are the same.

how do they differ from the bolts that already come with our car. the ones that come with our car are not stretch bolts like the ones the ARP bolts replace. Can you post part numbers?

Not only is this kit amazing, wait until I post a guide and review on the TyrolSport REAR subframe kit....yes gentleman, rear kit is almost available.

Thats awesome. I can't wait for it!

Mike@TyrolSport

Ready to race!

Grambles423,

There is definitely a lot less play in the rear of the car compared to the front, so the rear collar kit won't be as a dramatic improvement. However, The kit will be priced at less than half of the front, so you still get your monies worth. :thumbup: