GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - TyrolSport MK5/MK6 Hatch Brace

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Disclaimer: I am only providing my feedback to help people decide if they feel they would benefit from what I have installed and tested in my own car.

Many of you know based on my build thread (see link in signature), that I am huge advocate of TyrolSport and that some of my favorite, highest quality upgrades have come from the TyrolSport product line. As I’ve said before, it truly amazes me that TyrolSport continues to discover and produce impactful vehicle solutions for our marketplace. First, they look to perfect aspects of a vehicle in-house by determining issues and ultimately how they can improve or correct them. From there they spend countless hours and shop resources to engineer and refine 3D models and prototypes. TyrolSport then tests their prototypes on the street and track before launching a perfected version of their solution to the enthusiast market. It’s companies like this that I will be the first one in line for their latest upcoming products (locking sway bar links, brake cooling duct kit, billet aluminum rear control arms, JRZ/TyrolSport competition coilovers coming soon) and who add pure value to the marketplace by providing the highest quality parts. After the R&D, prototypes and shop resources to achieve perfected results, I feel their products are absolutely worth the price and guarantee tangible performance gains with trouble free installation. Produced in the USA and developed from in-house platform testing, I’ve had the pleasure of reviewing the TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Front Subframe Collar Kit, TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Rear Subframe Collar Kit, TyrolSport Solid Shifter Bracket Bushing Kit (SSBB), TyrolSport Master Cylinder Brace and the TyrolSport UG Aluminum Radiator

TyrolSport Hatch Brace:
With my latest chassis, subframe & suspension setup listed below, I left this hatch brace option until the end as the “icing on the cake”. I’ve laid a foundation for adjustable damping, stiffer bushings, additional caster, unified subframe(s) and more. While waiting for TyrolSport to finalize their release of the TyrolSport Hatch Brace, I added some last minute upgrades and changes to fully prepare for the final incremental rear stiffness I may experience from a hatch brace. These recent additions included the ST Suspensions XTA Coilover Kit for damping adjustment and heavier spring rates and lastly the Stern Rear Subframe Brace to firm up any remaining rear subframe flex after the TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Rear Subframe Collar Kit. At this point I don’t feel there is anything else available on the market that would make a worthwhile impact to my suspension setup other than a rear hatch brace option.

My end goal was to build an “awesome daily driver” (heavy power on demand, maximum grip, nimble suspension, low NVH, and safe). I’ve tried to strike a fine balance between a baby daycare shuttle during the week (JEKYLL), spirited mountain warrior on the weekends and then an occasional HPDE track car (HYDE). Over the years I’ve cylced through various options for increasing stiffness, correcting or improving suspension geometry, adding traction, and realizing better overall response from driver input while limiting NVH, rattles and feeling beat up from long drives. Below are the chassis, subframe & suspension upgrades at the time I tested the TyrolSport Hatch Brace.

Latest Chassis, Subframe & Suspension Setup:
H&R Front 26mm & Rear 24mm Sway Bars
KW Automotive 30mm Rear Spring Spacers
Racingline (formerly VWR) Subframe Mount
ST Suspensions XTA Coilover Kit / Click Here for my HYDE16 review
Stern Rear Subframe Brace
SuperPro Performance Control Arm Kit / Click Here for my HYDE16 review
TyrolSport Hatch Brace
TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Front Subframe Collar Kit / Click Here for my HYDE16 review
TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Rear Subframe Collar Kit / Click Here for my HYDE16 review
Unibrace UB
Vibra-Technics VAG455B Torque Link (Dogbone) Bushing
Whiteline Rear Trailing Arm Front Bushings / Click Here for my HYDE16 review
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar End Links / Click Here for my HYDE16 review

TyrolSport Hatch Brace Product Description:
The VW/Audi MK5/MK6 chassis, like other hatchbacks prior, experience a large amount of chassis flex during cornering. This chassis flex negatively affects vehicle handling. The TyrolSport Hatch Brace solves this issue by locking the hatchback hard points together with a revolutionary system of billet aluminum clamps and specifically designed rigid bars.

The TyrolSport Hatch Brace uses side-specific mounts precision-machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum, with an innovative design that clamps around the rear seat latch hooks. These special mounts require absolutely no drilling of the vehicle chassis, and do not interfere with rear seat movement or locking. The full interior is maintained even with the installation of the TyrolSport Hatch Brace, with only minimal trimming required to the rear quarter plastic trim. These features are unique to the marketplace. Installation is a breeze, requires little technical experience, and can be easily accomplished in less than 30 minutes by an enthusiast. The bar can be removed in less than five minutes if a user needs to utilize the full space of their hatch, another feature unique to the marketplace.

The TyrolSport Hatch Brace comes in two forms; Stage 1, and Stage 2. Stage 1 is for street enthusiasts who want better handling and chassis stiffness. Stage 2 adds an additional triangulating bar for maximum stiffness. Stage 2 is designed for enthusiasts who may AutoX or attend HPDE events but can still be appreciated by street enthusiasts.

Within the two forms, Aluminum or Carbon Fiber versions can be chosen. The Aluminum bar is made from high grade 6061-T6 swaged aluminum tubing. The Carbon Fiber bar is an Ultra High Strength bar sourced from California. Both bars are connected to the side-specific, black anodized precision-machined 6061-T6 aluminum hatch brace mounts with PTFE lined 7075 Aluminum spherical bearing rod ends and stainless steel fasteners. All of the materials used for the TyrolSport Hatch Brace are the best available. While both options excel at stiffening the chassis, users who want the ultimate in light weight and strength should choose the Carbon Fiber bar option.

Carbon Fiber Bar Options:
Stage 1- (2) side-specific 6061-T6 billet aluminum mounts, (1) Carbon fiber hatch bar with (2) 7075 Aluminum spherical bearing rod ends
Stage 2- (2) side-specific 6061-T6 billet aluminum mounts, (1) lower 6061-T6 billet aluminum mount (2) Carbon fiber hatch bars with (4) 7075 Aluminum spherical bearing rod ends

Aluminum Bar Options:
Stage 1- (2) side-specific 6061-T6 billet aluminum mounts, (1) 6061-T6 Aluminum hatch bar with (2) 7075 Aluminum spherical bearing rod ends
Stage 2- (2) side-specific 6061-T6 billet aluminum mounts, (1) lower 6061-T6 billet aluminum mount (2) 6061-T6 Aluminum hatch bars (4) 7075 Aluminum spherical bearing rod ends

TyrolSport Hatch Brace Specs:
Side-specific, black anodized precision-machined 6061-T6 aluminum hatch brace mounts
High strength custom molded full Carbon Fiber bar, with threaded 6061 aluminum end caps
Custom 7075 Aluminum, PTFE lined, spherical bearing rod ends
18-8 Stainless steel fasteners
All brace installation hardware and ball hex drive T-handle included
Available in multiple combinations for added rigidity
30 minute installation – no drilling required
Less than 3 lbs

TyrolSport Hatch Brace Applications:
VW MK5 / MK6 GTI, Golf & Golf R
MK5 VW Rabbit / GTI / R32
MK6 VW Rabbit / GTI / Golf R
MK2 Audi TT / TTS / TTRS (Lower bar only, release date and pricing shortly, you can email info@TyrolSport.com for more information)

TyrolSport Hatch Brace Unboxing:

TyrolSport Hatch Brace Installation:
When considering the price of this TyrolSport Hatch Brace kit, I factored in the cost I would have paid a shop to professionally remove panels, measure, drill holes and install nutserts for an alternate hatch brace on the market. In all honesty, after reading reviews and DIY threads on the alternate hatch braces, the installations scared the hell out of me with correct measurements, nutserts, permanent holes from drilling, longer install times and the removal process for full trunk availability. Installation of the TyrolSport Hatch Brace truly is as advertised, 30 minutes or less. Since installing this TyrolSport Hatch Brace, TyrolSport has released their full installation video which may have saved me even more time. Considering the fun DIY approach and avoiding shop labor costs, the TyrolSport Hatch Brace options and pricing seem more in-line with other hatch brace options on the market. Below are the installation steps I documented to show how quickly the TyrolSport Hatch Brace can be installed (or removed).

The first step for me was to toss the baby seats and fold down the rear seats. From there you can see the rear seat latch hooks which the side-specific, black anodized precision-machined 6061-T6 aluminum hatch brace mounts will clamp over when installed. Before seeing the TyrolSport installation video, I decided to trim a good amount of the plastic molding for the easiest access to tighten all of the allen screws. Less of the plastic molding can be removed for installation and with the seats closed, this area is covered so the trimmed area is not visible.

Align the two halves of the hatch brace mounts with pre-loaded screws.

Tighten the screws down little by little to tighten the two halves of the hatch brace mounts evenly until they are hand tight.

For the lower Stage 2 bar mount, use a razor blade to trim the indented shape of the carpet to gain access to the T30 torque screws.

Remove both screws and the anchor.

Reinstall the lower Stage 2 bar mount with supplied allen key screws, tighten until hand tight.

To install the Stage 1 bar, extend the Custom 7075 Aluminum, PTFE lined, spherical bearing rod ends until the holes line up with the hatch brace mounts. Use the supplied stainless steel fasteners (nuts and bolts), tighten until hand tight. Once installed, rotate the Stage 1 bar to shorten any slack, tighten until hand tight and hand tighten the jam nuts on the rod ends.

Stage 1 bar fully installed, seat down, seat up.

To install the Stage 2 bar, extend the Custom 7075 Aluminum, PTFE lined, spherical bearing rod ends until the holes line up with the hatch brace mounts. Use the supplied stainless steel fasteners (nuts and bolts), tighten until hand tight. Once installed, rotate the Stage 2 bar to shorten any slack, tighten until hand tight and hand tighten the jam nuts on the rod ends. Don’t mind the zip tie, it was to temporarily hold my water meth tank.

Stage 1 and Stage 2 bar fully installed, rear view, inside view.

Trunk Brace Comparisons:
When it comes to alternate hatch brace options and the variation in pricing, we need to remember where the TyrolSport Hatch Brace falls within the market place. TyrolSport will always choose to come out with the best quality product they can and they know they aren’t within everyone’s budget. TyrolSport is a smaller shop in New York with a rather large staff inclusive of a full time product development manager/engineer who develops race quality parts for the marketplace. They are designing and 3D printing parts in-house for mock ups and testing. In striving for perfection (sometimes to a fault since it may delay their parts), they undergo many, many revisions then finally machine components within the U.S. This attention to the revisions ensures trouble free, easier installation from the start. At the end of the day TyrolSport is one of the only shops (and companies) that I know of producing new to market or first of its kind products for various VW and Audi platforms, all designed and machined in the U.S. with an unrivaled quality and trouble-free installation. I personally believe there is no way they come close to financially recouping all of the time they spend designing, manufacturing and testing these parts in-house for us. This shop is driven by the enthusiasm to improve our platforms. I do feel that their pricing tier can be higher than their competitors most of the time, but, their products are for the customer who wants the absolute highest quality options on the market with guaranteed fit & finish, flawless performance and reliable longevity. I'm proud to have all of the TyrolSport products for the MK6 GTI as nothing has failed to date and everything has installed without an issue. With the TyrolSport Hatch Brace, the components are as expected, comprised of top quality materials such as 6061-T6 billet aluminum mounts, 7075 Aluminum rod ends, PTFE lined spherical bearing rod, high strength custom molded carbon fiber, and 18-8 stainless steel fasteners. Packaging has always been impressive, all hardware separated and properly sealed in packets, main components protected from shipping or movement and everything laid out for indexing as soon as you open the package.

TyrolSport Hatch Brace Specific Benefits:
-Fully removable, quick, trouble-free installation
-Clever mounting bracket design
-Various configurations to offer an array of pricing options
-Options (Carbon Fiber Bar vs. Aluminum Bar) and stages (Stage 1 and Stage 2)
-Avoid drilling holes in the chassis / avoid using nutserts which can loosen over time or make noise
-Stage 1 bar maintains pass-through cargo space for larger items (wheels, tires, coolers, boxes, etc.)
-Stage 2 bar still maintains smaller pass-through cargo space for most items (golf clubs, fold up tent, camping chairs, etc.)

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
TyrolSport Hatch Brace Overall Results and Recommendations:
Installation overall was a breeze and very straight forward without any snags. Removing the Carbon Fiber Bar(s) is ultra quick, just remove the 18-8 stainless steel fasteners and the bar(s) comes right out. The aluminum hatch brace mounts clamp over the rear seat latch hooks and require absolutely no drilling into the vehicle chassis. The mounts and bars do not interfere with seat movement and locking or the hatch shelf. The only modification required was minimal trimming of the rear quarter trim as explained above. The Carbon Fiber bars were connected to the mounts via PTFE lined spherical bearings. With the spherical bearing design solely for the initial misalignment of the aluminum hatch brace mounts and the bearing holes, the Stage 1 bar effectively defeats torsional deflection with all of the stress from chassis flex transferring through the bar horizontally. This is why spherical bearings were used without any compromise on rigidity. The threaded rod ends are a custom 7075 aluminum spec since the threaded shaft on other rod end applications are kept short to alleviate stress. Since the TyrolSport Hatch Brace transfers all of the chassis stress horizontally through the bar and not through the bearing, TyrolSport was able to request longer versions for this specific application.

With our hatchbacks, we are all likely experience chassis flex under heavy cornering and creaking noises when driving over bumps. Many people look to solve this with a stiffer rear sway bar but with changes to the front end such as coilovers, subframe collars, rear LCA upgrades, etc. the rear end may still have some remaining chassis flex which translates to the feeling of body roll. With the addition of a stiffer front suspension setup, this may leave the rear end feeling flexible again in contrast to the uprated front end. The TyrolSport Hatch Brace was designed to address these issues by providing a fully removable kit to connect the rear strut towers with quick, trouble-free installation.

Before considering a rear hatch brace option and testing the Stage 1 & 2 TyrolSport Hatch Brace, I referred to some helpful threads such as -Michal’s ESP, XDS, DSR, ASR, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control Settings Vag-Com- thread, -Carsfeverguy’s XDS Settings WOW!!!- thread and -Veedoubleme’s VAG-COM - Torque Steer Compensation-thread to artificially gain better turn in and reaction from the rear end. These threads discussed VagCom settings called ASR, DSR, TSC and the most popular XDS setting which attempted to replicate the effects of an LSD. For this review I tested the Stage 1 Carbon Fiber Bar separately before adding the Stage 2 Carbon Fiber Bar, both with these VagCom set to factory settings or off.

ASR (Anti-Slip Regulation), detects wheel slippage and applies braking force to that particular wheel. Working with an Electronic Differential Lock at speeds below 25 mph, ASR controls throttle response to maximize traction and minimize slipping for enhanced driver control in tight cornering situations.
DSR (Driver-steering recommendation), an additional function of the electronic stability program (ESP). This function indicates to the driver in critical situations by means of slight steering wheel impulses the direction evaluated by the system, in which the vehicle must be steered, so that it stabilizes. The driver-steering recommendation is active when braking sharply on different road surfaces and on the right and left vehicle side.
The Torque Steer Compensation (TSC), only being activated for Front-Wheel-Drive (FWD) Mmdels which have a high powered Engine. This function prevents the Car from leaning into one Direction while Accelerating in Combination with powerful Engines and unequal lengths drive shafts.
XDS, an advanced electronic differential lock, linked to a ESP system. In moments of fast cornering XDS gives out exactly the right amount of power, providing pressure on the inside wheel to prevent wheel spinning. The result is better traction and a reduction of any tendency to under steer.

Steering/Sway Bars/Weight Transfer Impact:
Through all of my chassis, subframe & suspension upgrades listed above along with final corner balancing and alignment, I have paid particular attention to the oversteer/understeer profile of the car for safety and steering input-to-reaction confidence. In terms of my sway bar testing and final pairing (26mm soft front / 24mm stiff rear), I believe that properly matched upgraded sway bars can decrease chassis flex but the feeling of body roll is still apparent due to the hatchback’s open area design with nothing connecting the rear strut towers. This results in inconsistent, uneven and sometimes unpredictable weight distribution. With the TyrolSport Hatch Brace, the weight transfer profile feels much, much tighter and allows steering input to provide a more immediate response due to the weight transfer all while the car maintains a desired understeer profile for daily driving and track situations. Driving confidence has peaked and throwing the car into turns is absolutely amazing. The car feels flat and steady without the original remaining chassis flex / body roll. I believe that a rear hatch brace option doesn’t necessarily need to be added before or after sway bars are upgraded as they do their own part to firm up the chassis and enhance the spring/damper combo at the rear end.

Suspension Impact:
When the TyrolSport Hatch Brace is added, I believe the sway bars will transfer energy in the form of torque through the chassis and by connecting the rear strut towers, the decrease in flex increases the effectiveness of the sway bars. Stiffening the chassis also allows more energy to transfer to suspension components and ultimately traction instead of expending energy through chassis flex / body roll. If the car has an efficient spring/damper combo (not worn out or a properly matched upgraded kit), this chassis stiffening will help provide a more stable suspension geometry, maximum energy dissipation in the dampers, possibly create a quieter ride, and provide better traction. I believe that connecting the rear strut towers (like the front firewall and strut tower connection) satisfied deficiencies in effective damping of the rear dampers.

NVH Impact:
Typically, adding braces to reduce chassis flex / body roll can make the car more upset, prone to twitchiness and harsh on daily roads or uneven tracks. With the addition of the TyrolSport Hatch Brace, I didn’t notice any increase in NVH. I’ve tested this TyrolSport Hatch Brace while daily driving through the pothole-infested streets of New Jersey and several weekend bashings through the mountains. With lightweight 18” wheels, sticky Bridgestone RE-11 tires and the chassis, subframe & suspension upgrades listed above, the car is stiff but the NVH and road harshness is moderate if not minimal. In terms of noise, the TyrolSport Hatch Brace has eliminated a rear hatch noise I would hear during daily driving. The TyrolSport Hatch Brace components are rock solid and do not make a sound. The rear seats latch perfectly and remain quiet even when using the Velcro trick on the rear seat latch hooks to firm up the latch connections.

Average Driver vs. Enthusiast:
For non-enthusiast daily drivers with stock suspension systems, the car handles just fine and in most cases and better than the average driver will really need. From the factory, the stock suspension geometry is pretty effective at handling body roll with all other things kept stock. For the enthusiast, once chassis and suspension components are added, ride heights adjusted or even alignments are altered, the car’s factory tuned synergy between all other stock components can be affected. For the entry level enthusiast, a quality set of coilovers and even uprated sway bars will make a car handle even better. For the real enthusiast who considers a modified suspension, subframe collars and sway bars standard, the TyrolSport Hatch Brace is truly the “icing on the cake”. I highly recommend this hatch brace for any car whether it is daily driven or taken to the track for HPDE or Auto-X. The TyrolSport Hatch Brace increases handling while making the car feel much more composed without compromising daily driving comfort. Even without driving the car hard, the results are instantly noticeable.

Overall Impact:
Initially, I made sure to test the Stage 1 Carbon Fiber Bar first to measure the impact vs. the Stage 2 Carbon Fiber Bar. As expected, the Stage 1 Carbon Fiber Bar provided the largest overall change. Adding the Stage 2 Carbon Fiber bar triangulates the energy from the Stage 1 Carbon Fiber Bar but I was hard pressed to feel an incremental difference after it was added. Still, there is no doubt it has an impact or supports the Stage 1 Carbon Fiber Bar’s function as a triangulated setup is always going to be better than a single bar for rigidity. After a few more weeks of driving with the Stage 1 & 2 TyrolSport Hatch Brace, it has forever changed the dynamics of my car. I paid particular attention to how the car reacts in slow turns, fast turns, high speed on/off-ramp entries, windy roads and with knee jerk emergency like situations in dry and wet conditions. As front wheel drivers, we negotiate turns, braking and acceleration based on the limitations of our setup. With the TyrolSport Hatch Brace your steering negotiations and entry speed change for the better. Entering and exiting on/off-ramps at high speeds does not require as much braking and the driver can more confidently hold down the throttle through a turn. Originally I would brake to slow down and coast on the throttle to make it through the turn, find the straight away then hammer the throttle to accelerate. Now I find myself braking less and powering through the turn and actually accelerating at times. The confidence increase is amazing, there is a sensation of pure control and a closer link between man and machine. Aesthetically, the TyrolSport Hatch Brace options (carbon fiber vs. aluminum) leaves nothing to be desired. The aluminum hatch brace mounts remain somewhat concealed since they are black anodized and are partially covered when the rear seats are up. The aluminum spherical bearing rod ends and stainless steel fasteners pop against the dark contrast of the rear hatch. The carbon fiber bars look absolutely gorgeous as does the aluminum version I’ve seen in person. With the rear seats left down or deleted, the TyrolSport Hatch Brace screams performance when looking through the empty cabin. If you can afford a particular combo of options (Carbon Fiber Bar vs. Aluminum Bar) and stages (Stage 1 and Stage 2), I highly recommend adding this to complete or improve your chassis, subframe & suspension setup.

Next up, TyrolSport has announced their development of locking sway bar links, brake cooling duct kit, billet aluminum rear control arms, JRZ/TyrolSport competition coilovers for the MK5/MK6 platform.

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I really wanted to go with this one because of the installation. That price is a hard one to swallow though...

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I can definitely see how the pricing seems higher than other hatch brace options but let's keep in mind that the TyrolSport Hatch is 100% reversible with only the trim being permanently modified and that TyrolSport chose will only choose the highest grade materials possible. The lowest price option would be the Aluminum Stage 1 Hatch Brace and after factoring the trouble-free DIY installation in 30 min or less it's not priced that far off from the competition. I'm going to re-quote my explanation around all hatch brace options so future as to not focus solely on price.

Trunk Brace Comparisons:
When it comes to alternate hatch brace options and the variation in pricing, we need to remember where the TyrolSport Hatch Brace falls within the market place. TyrolSport will always choose to come out with the best quality product they can and they know they aren’t within everyone’s budget. TyrolSport is a smaller shop in New York with a rather large staff inclusive of a full time product development manager/engineer who develops race quality parts for the marketplace. They are designing and 3D printing parts in-house for mock ups and testing. In striving for perfection (sometimes to a fault since it may delay their parts), they undergo many, many revisions then finally machine components within the U.S. This attention to the revisions ensures trouble free, easier installation from the start. At the end of the day TyrolSport is one of the only shops (and companies) that I know of producing new to market or first of its kind products for various VW and Audi platforms, all designed and machined in the U.S. with an unrivaled quality and trouble-free installation. I personally believe there is no way they come close to financially recouping all of the time they spend designing, manufacturing and testing these parts in-house for us. This shop is driven by the enthusiasm to improve our platforms. I do feel that their pricing tier can be higher than their competitors most of the time, but, their products are for the customer who wants the absolute highest quality options on the market with guaranteed fit & finish, flawless performance and reliable longevity. I'm proud to have all of the TyrolSport products for the MK6 GTI as nothing has failed to date and everything has installed without an issue. With the TyrolSport Hatch Brace, the components are as expected, comprised of top quality materials such as 6061-T6 billet aluminum mounts, 7075 Aluminum rod ends, PTFE lined spherical bearing rod, high strength custom molded carbon fiber, and 18-8 stainless steel fasteners. Packaging has always been impressive, all hardware separated and properly sealed in packets, main components protected from shipping or movement and everything laid out for indexing as soon as you open the package.

-Avoid drilling holes in the chassis / avoid using nutserts which can loosen over time or make noise
-Stage 1 bar maintains pass-through cargo space for larger items (wheels, tires, coolers, boxes, etc.)
-Stage 2 bar still maintains smaller pass-through cargo space for most items (golf clubs, fold up tent, camping chairs, etc.)

sauceman101

Ready to race!
great review as always, after my coil overs and tyrolsport front deadset kit go in, I will be considering one of these options seriously. Great shop, good dude that runs it too! bought a set of enkei's off him early last year that he had on his R!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
great review as always, after my coil overs and tyrolsport front deadset kit go in, I will be considering one of these options seriously. Great shop, good dude that runs it too! bought a set of enkei's off him early last year that he had on his R!

wow, great review. i cant wait to see the new tyrolsport line up of products

Thank you. I think you are refferring to Mike, great business owner and great supporting staff.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Thank you. I think you are refferring to Mike, great business owner and great supporting staff.

ill be interested in the brake duct cooling kit...was just browsing around JRZ coilovers for other cars..man they're pretty pricey haha don't think i'll be able to afford these..they're more expensive than Ohlins R&T

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Too expensive for me, but great review as always.

zrickety

The Fixer
I like the quality components they used. But having run the competitor's brace, I think ease of install is the only benefit. You trimmed plastic, I made a couple cuts in the carpet so I didn't have to remove the interior.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I like the quality components they used. But having run the competitor's brace, I think ease of install is the only benefit. You trimmed plastic, I made a couple cuts in the carpet so I didn't have to remove the interior.

I think I saw that guide a while back to drill right through the carpet or how to install without removing the trim, it was a good write up for sure. After seeing some competitor hatch braces in person (and driven them, I came up with these benefits of the TyrolSport Hatch Brace.