GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 - The Pag Parts EFR Turbo Kit

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Here are the next round of updates before we head into the winter season and the car is shelfed for more work. After the initial build, I took the car back in April/May while I sorted out a new daily driver which then allowed me to return the GTI to Pag Parts in June for the next round of changes and additions. I know it’s felt like forever since this project started and I’ve had a lot of people tease me over the fact that the car has been out of commission for over a full year but it’s all coming to a head now. Between a new job, new house, kids starting kindergarten, weddings, holidays and more, 2016 has been the hardest year I’ve ever faced as an adult. Now imagine not having the one outlet you’ve had for the past few years to escape it all (the GTI). Thanks to Pag Parts, we decided to build an entire long block with several fabrication projects such as the intake manifold and front mount intercooler. As you can imagine, the fabrication, testing and costs dragged this project out until October. Now with the car home at the new house, I’ve had to square away my garage space, tools and Bendpak 6X-P scissor lift to continue with the work on my end. My build threads have been completely overhauled with the latest setup since receiving the car back. Over the past few months, the direction of this build has gone from amazing to absolutely wild thanks to Arnold at Pag Parts. Below are the latest additions and changes with ongoing photos posted on Instagram @becauseryanjacobs.

-AEM Digital Wideband UEGO AFR Gauge
-APR Pendulum Mount rebuilt with SuperPro Bushings
-Audi Allroad Fuel Rail
-Audi Allroad Intake Manifold (Custom Powder Coated Alien Silver)
-Bosch EV14 Twin Spray Port Fuel Injectors (2)
-ECS Tuning Catch Can (Custom Powder Coated Alien Silver)
-INA Engineering Rear Main Seal
-PPT Front Mount Aluminum Intercooler
-PPT Port Fuel Injector Holders (2)
-PTP Turbo EFR Turbo Blanket
-PTP Turbo Lava Downpipe Wrap
-SPM 3” Custom Turbo-back Track Exhaust
-Supertech Exhaust Springs with Titanium Retainers
-Supertech Inconel Exhaust Valve Set with Singe Groove Keepers
-Supertech Inconel Intake Valve Set with Singe Groove Keepers
-Supertech Intake Springs with Titanium Retainers
-Valve Cover (Custom Powder Coated Red)
-ZZP Opel HP Direct Injection Fuel Injectors (4)

As winter approaches my goal is to finish breaking in the engine for 500 miles with conventional oil and NanoLub additive before the roads ice up. Oil sample will be sent off to Blackstone Laboratories to check wear conditions. The first synthetic oil change will be LiquiMoly Leichlauf 5W-40 with Everglide oil additive. While the GTI is shelfed for the winter, below are the changes and additions I will be making to come out strong in spring for dyno tuning and graphs. Yes, finally some power numbers on 93 pump gas…. Then on to race gas or E85 tuning.

Exterior:
-Diffusers from S_Factor_Fabrication or Splitter’s P.R.
-SRS-Tec Rear Spoiler Addon
-VW R-Line Lower Grill

Fueling:
-AEM Water/Methanol Flow Gauge
-Audi TTRS Low Pressure Fuel Pump
-Fuel-It! Ethanol Sensor & Bluetooth Analzyer
-Torqbyte 4-bar MAP Sensor
-Torqbyte CM5-LT Controller
-Torqbyte PM3 - Pump Amplifier
-Torqbyte VAG Plug-n-Play Adapter

Hardware:
-GFB DVX Diverter Valve (upcoming product release)
-Stoptech Street Performance Brake Pads
-TyrolSport 3 Bar Hatch Brace (upgrading from 2 bar to 3 bar system)
-WhanAB Billet Aluminum Dipstick Handle

Transmission:
-Darkside Developments 02M / 02Q Gearbox 4th Gear Input Shaft Support
-Darkside Developments 02M / 02Q Gearbox Reinforcement Plate
-Darkside Developments 6th Steel Shift Fork
-SQS Racing 02Q Fork Bronze Sliders
-Tyrolsport x ARP 02Q Bolt Kit

Last edited:

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Awesome build Hyde! After seeing the issues with other tuners and seeing how awesome pag has been to you I'm deciding to go this route as well. Low output with stock internals for a bit then a full build like you've gotten into. See if I can roast these 275s! Haha

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Awesome build Hyde! After seeing the issues with other tuners and seeing how awesome pag has been to you I'm deciding to go this route as well. Low output with stock internals for a bit then a full build like you've gotten into. See if I can roast these 275s! Haha

Nice, are you getting the 7163 turbo from Pag Parts? What wheel setup do you run for 275's?

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Nice, are you getting the 7163 turbo from Pag Parts? What wheel setup do you run for 275's?
Yeah I'll be getting the kit from them after I pay some stuff off. The cars currently widened 4 inches all around so I'm running 19x10 front and 11 rear with Bridgestone re760 sports all around. It's currently stage 2 but with these steam rollers I barely chirp my tires launching at 4k. I'm running flowformed forgestars that are surprisingly light (about 24lbs)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Sub'd. I'm also hoping other tuners support the efr for mk6 guys. I'm kind of weary of maestro after all of the negative feedback I've seen "/

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I am going with a bigger turbo and my expectation is that I will find a good tuner and do custom tuning. Can't expect to find something off the shelf that works perfect. Once you build a motor, add the fueling setup and the turbo setup the last thing you want to do is skimp on tuning after dumping 15-20K into the setup. (opinion).

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
I am going with a bigger turbo and my expectation is that I will find a good tuner and do custom tuning. Can't expect to find something off the shelf that works perfect. Once you build a motor, add the fueling setup and the turbo setup the last thing you want to do is skimp on tuning after dumping 15-20K into the setup. (opinion).
Pag parts does the tune using maestro so it's actually damn good! I messaged them for more info. The issue is actually with getting tunes from maestro is what I've found

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
As erball said I'm making a full time career out of the TB installation (taking my sweet ass time) but I decided to knock out a few things today, most of which barely had to do with the BT build but was bothering the hell out of me.

-removed bumper
-fixed deautokey LED fog light kit
-replaced fender liners
-installed all new fender liner/belly pan clips and screws
-installed a new 3.5" air straightener
-installed new battery box
-installed the new Torqbyte Bluetooth module
-replaced my nearly wasted ST-40 front brake pads
-received my new TTS master cylinder from mikejsmith1985
-installed cat and Vibrant J spacer for inspection

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Went on a bender this weekend to finish the Torqbyte CM5-LT wiring. While it's not overly complicated it is time consuming to do it right. Now for someone like myself with OCD, wiring the trunk and finishing all connections in the engine bay took WAY longer than I ever imagined. I would finish a layout then re-do many of my connections or wire routing for the cleanest, most reliable system. Overall here was what I finished this weekend (PM3 and CM5-LT power supply was already run in phase 1). Photos to come over the next few days on IG @becauseryanjacobs

-ran the RPM signal wire from the CM5-LT in the trunk along the passenger's side into the firewall where I tapped into the ECU harness
-ran the GPO1 (two twin spray port injectors) GPO2 (boost controller/solenoid relay) wires from the CM5-LT in the trunk along the driver's side into the engine bay.
-connected the GPI1 wire to my Aquamist level sensor to failsafe the Greddy Profec boost controller via GPO2.
-ran the GPI2 wire to the dashboard for my future AEM Water Meth Gauge installation to failsafe the Greddy Profec boost controller via GPO2.
-ran power wires for the injectors and for the boost controller/solenoid relay to a shared in-line 5-amp fuse then to 10amp switched power source in the driver's side fuse panel.
-connected the GPO1 wire and power wire to the port injectors
-connected the GPO2 wire to the boost controller/solenoid relay
-connected the 4-bar MAP sensor harness
-extended the Greddy Profec boost controller harness to run it behind the firewall
-relocated the Greddy Profec MAP sensor unit under the fusebox
-re-ran and cleaned up my amp/sub power wiring
-replaced PCV gasket and o-ring on the ECS catch can rear breather port after noticing some blow-by on the valve cover
-reassembled battery tray, battery, catch can hoses, intake, firewall and sensor connections

Still To Do:
-load the new CM5-LT file / check activation settings
-turn on car, check RPM signal with TorqView
-test GPI1 Aquamist level sensor switch active or inactive on TorqView; we need closed when tank is empty
-fill meth tank
-connect port fuel source from rubber low pressure fuel line-trunk foam blocks
-run the AEM Water Meth Gauge gauge wiring harness / connect flow sensor to water meth pump 6mm line
-connect AEM Water Meth Gauge blue low side output wire to GPI2 (#8 purple)
-connect console switch and ground water meth solenoid for post turbo / pre-intercooler meth jet

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Went on a bender this weekend to finish the Torqbyte CM5-LT wiring. While it's not overly complicated it is time consuming to do it right. Now for someone like myself with OCD, wiring the trunk and finishing all connections in the engine bay took WAY longer than I ever imagined. I would finish a layout then re-do many of my connections or wire routing for the cleanest, most reliable system. Overall here was what I finished this weekend (PM3 and CM5-LT power supply was already run in phase 1). Photos to come over the next few days on IG @becauseryanjacobs

-ran the RPM signal wire from the CM5-LT in the trunk along the passenger's side into the firewall where I tapped into the ECU harness
-ran the GPO1 (two twin spray port injectors) GPO2 (boost controller/solenoid relay) wires from the CM5-LT in the trunk along the driver's side into the engine bay.
-connected the GPI1 wire to my Aquamist level sensor to failsafe the Greddy Profec boost controller via GPO2.
-ran the GPI2 wire to the dashboard for my future AEM Water Meth Gauge installation to failsafe the Greddy Profec boost controller via GPO2.
-ran power wires for the injectors and for the boost controller/solenoid relay to a shared in-line 5-amp fuse then to 10amp switched power source in the driver's side fuse panel.
-connected the GPO1 wire and power wire to the port injectors
-connected the GPO2 wire to the boost controller/solenoid relay
-connected the 4-bar MAP sensor harness
-extended the Greddy Profec boost controller harness to run it behind the firewall
-relocated the Greddy Profec MAP sensor unit under the fusebox
-re-ran and cleaned up my amp/sub power wiring
-replaced PCV gasket and o-ring on the ECS catch can rear breather port after noticing some blow-by on the valve cover
-reassembled battery tray, battery, catch can hoses, intake, firewall and sensor connections

Still To Do:
-load the new CM5-LT file / check activation settings
-turn on car, check RPM signal with TorqView
-test GPI1 Aquamist level sensor switch active or inactive on TorqView; we need closed when tank is empty
-fill meth tank
-connect port fuel source from rubber low pressure fuel line-trunk foam blocks
-run the AEM Water Meth Gauge gauge wiring harness / connect flow sensor to water meth pump 6mm line
-connect AEM Water Meth Gauge blue low side output wire to GPI2 (#8 purple)
-connect console switch and ground water meth solenoid for post turbo / pre-intercooler meth jet
patiently waiting for more pics lol

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Been quiet here on my end because winter, been slowly collecting parts for fun (INA metal coolant flange, new intake clamps, AEM meth gauge, new Aquamist parts) while longer term projects take time (powder coating, body shop). After locating and fixing my EVAP code, a spot opened up at my local body shop but it’s been there for 3 weeks for front bumper work, new front splitter lip, rear spoiler extension rear diffuser (current OEM silver front lip for sale now). As soon as I get it back I have to try and pass inspection then the real fun starts after it’s street legal again… interior race conversion (seats, rally shift knob, steering wheel done already), rear suspension (400lb linear swift springs with powder coated rear lower control arms), port fuel / meth updates, 18” x 8" ET45 TD Pro Race 1.2 wheels with RE-11 tires currently for sale so I can move over to a wider 17” setup, dyno tune results come May-June and killing super cars the rest of the season.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Pic of the INA coolant flange? I thought that was only for the 1.8T. I tried searching and couldn't find one for the TSI.