GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE Intake Manifold help???

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Hey Folks, having a bit of difficulty installing Integrated Engineering's Manifold.
Has anyone here put one on a MK6???

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Screenshot_20200212-162015_Drive.jpg
20200212_160746.jpg

I found the hose they want connected. The only issue is that it seems to go to a different location on a Mk6 then on a Mk5

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
20200212_160805.jpg
Screenshot_20200212-161610_Drive.jpg

The Mk6 feeds around the top of the engine bay and back to the engine
The Mk5 looks like it went to the stock manifold (I know the picture is of the IE manifold but there are 3 clips to hold the hose while on my mk6 there is only 2)

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I don't know when IE added that part with the evap system to the install but it is very confussing and I would ignore it. I don't see how it is relevant unless you don't have a vacuum pump. Your setup does not draw vacuum from the intake manifold but instead from the vacuum pump at the brake booster.

With your setup nothing needs to be attached to the vacuum lines under the IM.

Last edited:

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
I don't know when IE added that part with the evap system to the install but it is very confussing and I would ignore it. I don't see how it is relevant unless you don't have a vacuum pump. Your setup does not draw vacuum from the intake manifold but instead from the vacuum pump at the brake booster.

With your setup nothing needs to be attached to the vacuum lines under the IM.

Perfect thanks!

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Any tips on how to get the bottom bolt in....

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Any tips on how to get the bottom bolt in....

Hahaha that bolt is a PITA. I just used a short alan key and put my fingers through either side of middle runner and just slowly worked the bolt in with my finger tips. I was never able to find a tool that would clear the bottom of the runner.

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Hahaha that bolt is a PITA. I just used a short alan key and put my fingers through either side of middle runner and just slowly worked the bolt in with my finger tips. I was never able to find a tool that would clear the bottom of the runner.

I was worried you were going to say that haha. I was thinking of buying a cheap allen key set from the dollar store and modifying it to be super short

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I was worried you were going to say that haha. I was thinking of buying a cheap allen key set from the dollar store and modifying it to be super short

Make sure to tie a little string around the end so you can fish it out if you drop it. I got tired of crawling under the car looking for it.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
OrangeSpy, Hope you got her installed. Our Golf does not have that connector.

WW, good tip on the string.

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
I some what got it, I used a allen key with a rounded head to get at it from an angle then brought my wife in as she has way smaller hands and was basically able just to get her hands right on it.

I wish I thought of the string trick!