GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE tune

bebersol

Ready to race!
Is anybody running an IE tune? if so what stage? is there switching between tune and stock?

thanks in advance

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Yes you can switch between tunes in your car with the Powerlink

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
Im apr 2+ would like info about ie as well, thinking about switching. Can ie support 2+ mods, intake manifold from hpa, and meth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Is anybody running an IE tune? if so what stage? is there switching between tune and stock?

thanks in advance

I’m running the Stage 1 93 oct with IE intake file.

Like walker said, you can switch between stock and any tune that you’ve purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Im apr 2+ would like info about ie as well, thinking about switching. Can ie support 2+ mods, intake manifold from hpa, and meth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know they have a tune for their own intake manifold, but I don’t know if it would work with the HPA IM.

I’d say give them a call (or email) about both questions. They’ve always been quick to answer questions I’ve asked in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fumanju

thanks in advance

I've ran their Stage 1, Stage 2 Light and currently Stage 2 high torque on my R. Great tunes - definitely make the car come alive. Company has been nothing but great to work with as well. As far as switching, they don't have it like APR where you can select it in the stalk, you need to have their cable and reflash back to stock, at least at current.

Bryoc

Does anyone have any input on comparison of IE tune vs Unitronic? Been looking into switching to eventually run the IE intake tune.

ehirst83

I just upgraded to the IE Stage 2 Pro from the GIAC Stage 2 + (aka clutch buster) and I can't say enough positive about the IE tune. It's MUCH smoother throughout the entire RPM range. Pulls much harder toward the top end and the LC/NLS options are incredible.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Switching between IE files requires your laptop, they don't have an APR-style provision to do it with the car's controls.

ehirst83

That's really the only downfall that I've seen so far. I went to the track last week and it took 25-30 minutes to load the 100 octane tune, once I'd filled up with race fuel. Not the end of the world, but that could've been time spent on the track instead of watching my car update/load the tune. It felt like it took forever... Next time I plan on getting there earlier with an empty tank so I can fill up with 100 octane and load the tune before they open. Nevertheless, this week has been a blast cruising around on the high octane tune until my tank is empty :happyanim:

GTIZRX

Does anyone have any input on comparison of IE tune vs Unitronic? Been looking into switching to eventually run the IE intake tune.

I have both IE and Unitronic tunes, I have the IE stage 1 91 file on my daily R and really like it. I had the Unitronic stage 1 on my other R and liked it a lot, but I have since upgraded to Unitronic Stage 2 with HPFP. I never had both cars Stage 1 at the same time and it has been a while since I drove Unitronic stage 1. Having said all of that I really like the IE tune, I have been thinking about trying out their Stage 2 pro tune on my stage 2 R just to see if I like it better than Unitronic. I have several IE parts on my cars and have liked everything I have purchased from them. Also the IE tunes have loaded faster and easier than my experience with Unitronic.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
And anybody have input on the crackles and if there as loud as stratified?
I haven’t heard a stratified tuned R but I can say the IE tune scares people. When pedestrians are on the phone and not paying attention when they start jaywalking all I have to do is give a shift at ~2500 rpm (or wind out 1st gear) and they wake right up. The nice part of it is you can avoid quite a bit of the popping by shifting above 3000 rpm.