GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you had 50-70K

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Gotcha. I was not judging, just curious. I do a lot of research for friends and family on cars as well because I enjoy it and I have time to do it at work while getting paid as well.
No offense taken broseph. I'll pretend we hugged it out.

I want to borrow the R8 again. I offered to do all windows with Llumlar Air Blue 80 (I have it on my windshield now, thinking of stripping the 50℅ Johnson Ceramic off the car and going Air Blue 80 all-around myself....) for his b-day but he wanted a tablet...

Edit: i dont know bout the rest of the country but Teslas are becoming super common round here but that said, he wouldnt go for it until it becomes proven tech. As you can see, he's not an early adapter - still doesn't trust regenerative braking hybrid-tech....

Edit 2: the PP has the sport Chron pckage and the performance exhaust pckage which drops the 0-60 from low 5 sec to mid 4 sec. I no longer want to try him and it's nearly a done deal. Monday meet to peruse maintenance records and then to the bank. Ahh, I want to drive it to the service advisor and pick up the loaner...

Last edited:

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
No offense taken broseph. I'll pretend we hugged it out.

I want to borrow the R8 again. I offered to do all windows with Llumlar Air Blue 80 (I have it on my windshield now, thinking of stripping the 50℅ Johnson Ceramic off the car and going Air Blue 80 all-around myself....) for his b-day but he wanted a tablet...

Edit: i dont know bout the rest of the country but Teslas are becoming super common round here but that said, he wouldnt go for it until it becomes proven tech. As you can see, he's not an early adapter - still doesn't trust regenerative braking hybrid-tech....

Edit 2: the PP has the sport Chron pckage and the performance exhaust pckage which drops the 0-60 from low 5 sec to mid 4 sec. I no longer want to try him and it's nearly a done deal. Monday meet to peruse maintenance records and then to the bank. Ahh, I want to drive it to the service advisor and pick up the loaner...

I was just in OC/Newport Beach for 9 days and Tesla's abound there. New tech is always celebrated around those parts. Tesla's are no shock, a few years ago it was the Ferrari California lol! Whatever money wants it gets. Trends are to be celebrated, obtained and ignored when the rest decide its cool. Nothing new in Orange County :)

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
THey are not that much used.....Plus isn't there great lease deals on them?

I think the lease deals are only "great" if you buy into thinking that you're losing $400 in time at every gas station fill up......

I like the panamera a lot. They can also tow 5000 lbs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have always even thought they looked pretty good but most people disagree obviously.

kharma

Ready to race!
used S6 4.0T, ridiculously nice and ridiculously fast at the same time

Panamera is probably better but I've never been in one.

This, all day. The first bit. I'm getting one of these for myself when I turn 40. Such a great car to spend time in. One of the few S-tronic options in a bigger car (even the RS7 is tip) and an ECU flash alone unleashes 560/580. That's ridiculous.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
This, all day. The first bit. I'm getting one of these for myself when I turn 40. Such a great car to spend time in. One of the few S-tronic options in a bigger car (even the RS7 is tip) and an ECU flash alone unleashes 560/580. That's ridiculous.

I agree the forced induction Audis have huge tuning potential as highway bullies, and look dead sexy doing it. Problem I have with the Audi S/RS cars is not from personal experience but from watching u2b vids of R. Probst talking about how most Audi performance models are handicapped by the engine layout - how it sits too far forward so relentless understeer is the characteristic du jour, noticeably contrasted by driving impressions of the Bimmer M models and Porsches (and now, even by the Camaro x_X).

The R8 is mid-engined, sounds sexuaallll, and the single clutch auto-manual is not a bother when driving at speed, but it's tail happy, and I'm 1) not accustomed to it, having driven f/f layout for going on 30 years, and 2) I'm not R. Probst, C. Harris, or even C. Lagos. Going sideways thru a turn, or even hint of sliding the rear sounds good in theory, but it's pretty scary when I didn't want or expect that. I'm not as bad-ass as I'd like to be... I scared myself pretty good in that car, not for my life even, but the thought of having to face my boss with the aftermath has kept me in line ever since... So if it was my money to spend, I'd look elsewhere than the 4 rings I think.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Would your boss ever drive the same way that Probst would? Would he even come within 50% of driving it like that through turns? I doubt he ever would be concerned about it.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Would your boss ever drive the same way that Probst would? Would he even come within 50% of driving it like that through turns? I doubt he ever would be concerned about it.

You'd get a blank stare if you said the name, and the only time that car gets revved even is when I, a valet, or Audi of Downtown LA service techs go Ferris Bueller on it. He is not concerned, nor would he ever be in a situation where it would even be a possibility, lol. Some might say he doesn't deserve the car. I don't b/c I work with him and he earned that money, and this is 'Murica where you get to spend it how you want. And even if you don't agree with how he's spending his money, my belief is you gotta be prepared to fight to preserve his right to do exactly what he wants with his money (so long as it doesn't encroach on the rights of others to do the same).

He hardly even drives the R8, once or twice every other week, and the Escalade is what gets the most seat time, followed by the CTS-V (that car is hard, and fast). Hence, the shopping for a slightly cushier used daily. The PP owner claims he did the brakes earlier this year, and that the Michelin PS2 summers that came on the car 4 years ago are fine (I can't imagine a world where I own a high performance car with summer tires and they have good tread after 4 years!). I just want to make sure about the brakes, and check the tread on the tires. I think we're going to do the deal on Monday if these 2 things check out (and maybe do it anyway if the seller agrees to take the cost into account if they do need replacing).

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Still a badass ride. Wish I had that kind of money....mo money mo problems (picking out a car!).

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Still a badass ride. Wish I had that kind of money....mo money mo problems (picking out a car!).
You ever play the game, stare into space at work, imagine what car, house, watch, firearm, trophy gf you'd get if you won the lottery? Tough decisions have to be made my friend, and I'm the man for the job!!!