GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm done with ECS

flight1us

Ready to race!
Just because you've gotten lucky doesn't mean others haven't been burned.

I've ordered thousands from ecs over the years. They used to be ok, when they got bought out everything went to shit. I paid for an overnight part in order to make a track weekend from them, assured it was going to ship that day and I'd have it the next I didn't cancel the $700 weekend. Well the part didn't show, it came a week later and I was out the $700 I paid for the weekend.

Talk to me about not understanding the ecs hate some more after you go through an experience like that.

They wouldn't even refund me for the overnight shipping.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wow sorry to hear i guess i got lucky i ordered a turbo through them, paid for next day shipping didnt get to me for another 4 days, called ECS and demanded a refund on the shipping.

jtmu6982

Passed Driver's Ed
You realize that you're complaining about something that is free right? Or am I misunderstanding?

torga

Autocross Champion
They're complaining about a drop in quality of something, which I think is a fair complaint.
I personally have only once experienced unreasonably long shipping times from ECS.

zrickety

The Fixer
I've bought stuff from shopDAP or Keffer VW before...but typically ECS is the easiest. I know people have bad experiences, this can happen anywhere. I've ordered 24 times in the past 6 years, they all ship on time and get to me in 2-3 days priority mail. My most recent one for the engine rebuild shipped Tuesday and will be here tomorrow Fedex.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I've bought stuff from shopDAP or Keffer VW before...but typically ECS is the easiest. I know people have bad experiences, this can happen anywhere. I've ordered 24 times in the past 6 years, they all ship on time and get to me in 2-3 days priority mail. My most recent one for the engine rebuild shipped Tuesday and will be here tomorrow Fedex.
I’ve ordered from ECS around 5 times over the past few years and 3/5 orders were severely delayed. I’ve ordered from fcp probably 20 times within the same time frame and Never had a delay or issue with an order. Fcp has actually overnight items for free a few times which is a nice surprise lol.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I've ordered from ECS once & things came in a timely manner. The issue I do have with them is that they are buying their competitors out & have a terrible work environment.

How ECS operates....

Now I shop DAP or FCP. Great service from both places.

jtmu6982

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ve used ECS for multiple projects & they’ve always done fine for me. IONO

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I haven't ordered anything from this place... not sure if I will. I just saw a bunch of parts that I could get elsewhere for less. I def wouldn't pay more for this bs...

Did anybody here ever deal with Maryland Speed? I think that was the name of the place. Cheapest prices anywhere, but you'd be lucky if you got your order in a month. They didn't actually have any of it...

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I haven't ordered anything from this place... not sure if I will. I just saw a bunch of parts that I could get elsewhere for less. I def wouldn't pay more for this bs...

Did anybody here ever deal with Maryland Speed? I think that was the name of the place. Cheapest prices anywhere, but you'd be lucky if you got your order in a month. They didn't actually have any of it...

lots of online stores out there that drop-ship stuff only. if their suppliers suck, they suck.

torga

Autocross Champion
They would just sit on orders(after you paid 2grand) until they had enough to meet the requirement to buy that low I believe. Don't quote me on that tho
"Sorry bro, been waiting on one more guy to buy APR's K04 kit, we think it'll only take a few more months now."

How scummy.

torga

Autocross Champion
I just follow the prices. I've used ECS, UroTuning, FCPEuro, eEuro, HS Tuning, and USP. My loyalty is to my wallet.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
My loyalty is to my wallet.

Yep, me too.

However if I did need a part overnight-ed for an event I might hesitate to use ECS because of peoples experiences with shipping. I have never had an issue with them or anyone else.

When I first bought my GTI and was learning about the different parts and brands I did really enjoy the ECS website layout and the amount of pictures they provide for things.

torga

Autocross Champion
When I first bought my GTI and was learning about the different parts and brands I did really enjoy the ECS website layout and the amount of pictures they provide for things.
Absolutely. Their layout and wishlist is second to none; starting out, this was golden. I've since moved to a more personalized multi-page spreadsheet to keep track of that stuff, but the ECS website is pretty valuable for that.
As well as their installation instructions when I'm installing a non-ECS version of the part they're installing.