GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm OCD with this car!

Bikepusher

I think I need help, I'm waxing and detailing once a week, and a few wipe downs in between, I even try to clean the backside of the wheels and the visible suspension parts, and now I'm thinking about some small ramps I saw at a car show the get the car higher to get the underside of the car. :scared:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Join the club friend. I'm the same way.

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
Don't forget under the hood

bshappy

Ready to race!
Sometimes I feel this way but I always remind myself to stop and take a step back. Its my DD, its not a supercar, its not garage kept, its going to get dirty and scratched, and I just have to dealwithit.jpeg

I try to draw the line at a wash every other week during the winter. Ill def do more over the summer when Ill have a driveway to work on.

The other day I went to the local no touch car wash. Rained the very next day and I was back to square one. But hey, thats life.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I clean my engine compartment!

GiGi GTI

Ready to race!
I do a 3 hour detail every week and my neighbors think I am insane. I love doing it!

Supercar or DD, it's still my baby. :wub:

Draz

Ready to race!
Engine Foamy, ftw.

I'm debating whether or not to get a detailing kit and random orbital. Anyone have this one?

I have one! I didn't get a chance to use it yet as I just received it from the Detailers Domain sale. Get yourself one, you won't regret it. It will make polishing and waxing quicker and easier.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
You guys must not have kids yet :) I used to be the same way but my OCD is now only keeping it dent free. Hand wash probably happens six times per year if I'm lucky.

Isj

Go Kart Champion
No kids, but I do remember helping my dad wash his car every sunday (weather permitting) when I was young...

Mantooth

Ready to race!
You guys must not have kids yet :) I used to be the same way but my OCD is now only keeping it dent free. Hand wash probably happens six times per year if I'm lucky.

No kids either, but city living is hardly conducive to washing/waxing. I have to carve out a trip to the parents house to make it happen. It's great to see my parents and Dad likes to help out/tell me what I'm doing wrong :rolleyes:

Great quote from Dad as I was starting my detail today:

"I used to be like you with my 1972 Barracuda. Now I drive a Honda Accord."

Good stuff.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

I've got kids. They know to respect the cars, and have even learned the right way to wash and love helping.

vwrabid

Ready to race!
I'm in the same club. Mainly focused on the salty interior. Uggh. But couldnt resist a very thorough wash but skimped by doing a quick Eagle One wax as you dry. Oh and 80% chance of showers tomorrow.