GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In need of big brake kit

Ryanb724

I am trying to look far a nice big brake kit with from and back brakes. every big brake kit I look at all I see Is front brakes only. Suggestions would be awesome, THANKS!

torga

Autocross Champion
No one really sells a front and rear kit for this platform.

The most popular options are to either grab the rear brakes off a Mk5 R32 or Mk6R -- I believe Mk2 TT-S has the same rear brakes, as well.

Or to use the rear 17Z Brembo brakes off a 1st gen V8 Tuareg or 1st gen V8 Cayenne. Though, with the Brembo option, you will have to add a second caliper to still be able to use the e-brake.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I am trying to look far a nice big brake kit with from and back brakes. every big brake kit I look at all I see Is front brakes only. Suggestions would be awesome, THANK

I have done it and used the Cayenne Brembo 18z calipers. They do look great with some nice rotors but from a performance standpoint, most of the work gets done up front and is why you don't see a lot of rear aftermarket solutions, you don't really need them for the way these cars mostly get used. Mine was a track only car so I went all out.

When on the street build I found that going with Golf R brakes front and rear and good pads transformed my GTI braking system. Not terribly expensive and very effective. They are larger than OEM GTI calipers both front and rear but they are still not going to give you the look of fixed calipers like Brembos.

I just bought a MK6 R and am putting my preferred street pads on (Hawk HPS 5.0) and some Tyrolsport stiffners and have no plans to go with Brembos on this car. The car has fresh oem rotors on and I am keeping those. The end result will improve the system quite nicely. I feel like going to the track, I will slip in some more aggressive pads up front.

If your goal is to put BBK front and back and you have a GTI you are probably going to need an upgraded master cylinder, I did.
Ther rear brakes will need an adapter kit to mount if you go with Brembos. Those calipers do not have a parking brake built in so you end up having to also keep your stock caliper in place so you can use it as a parking brake.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
No one really sells a front and rear kit for this platform.

The most popular options are to either grab the rear brakes off a Mk5 R32 or Mk6R -- I believe Mk2 TT-S has the same rear brakes, as well.

Or to use the rear 17Z Brembo brakes off a 1st gen V8 Tuareg or 1st gen V8 Cayenne. Though, with the Brembo option, you will have to add a second caliper to still be able to use the e-brake.

Here is a link to selling a set of used Brembos, Just happened to notice it.
https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/mk6-front-and-rear-big-brakes-brembo-calipers.9486064/