GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake TDI 2.0 CR

demonrabbit

Ready to race!
"Ok read before you comment"

I know allot of you guys are anti intake guys but i was bored last night a pulled apart the stock box just to see what everyone claims that a CAI will not improve air flow and i saw allot going on that could not help with intake air flow along with a filter that's as thick as my fist so i was wondering does anyone plan on shaving there box to take the restrictive plates out i will sit down with a tec monday at the dealer see what he has to say because i am not a normal diesel guy but airflow is important for a turbo i am not thinking of it making me big power intakes are never about that people that have installed them always brag about the improved throttle response

RPS99SHO

Ready to race!
Getting a freer-flowing intake would make sense if the engine demanded more air than the stock setup could flow. No one is making even close to the amount of power with these engines that it would take for an intake to return a measurable gain. 95% of people who put these intakes on do it for aesthetics. It looks/sounds cooler. In most cases power is actually lost, since these "cold" air intakes pull hot air from the engine bay. Also in most cases the filter that comes with the kit is oiled. If even a tiny amount of oil mist comes in contact with these very sensitive MAF sensors, havoc is wreaked on what the ECU thinks it sees. As far as throttle response, there is no throttle plate on these diesel engines. When you step on the throttle you are injecting more fuel into the combustion chamber. On gas engines when you step on the throttle the throttle plate opens and the engine sucks in that air (or forced in if boosted) and the ECU injects fuel accordingly. Gas engines may feel more reponsive from an intake because the path air travels from atmosphere to the TB/intake manifold is shortened. But the only way to do that is to pull air from as close to the TB as possible, the engine bay. Again, performance is sacrificed. You will not see a throttle response gain from an intake on a stock TDI. If you are looking for a boost in performance/efficiency, an intake is a waste of money.

demonrabbit

Ready to race!
yea i understand what your saying but i am talking about shaving some of the restrictive plates from the intake box i work for a deal and have been a tuner for a while so i know what oil filters can do to a MAF

i will agree though didnt know about not having a throttle plate

i am new to the hole tdi experince and to be honest plan on buying KW coilovers first then tune

Aonarch

Ready to race!
An intake will help the turbo spool faster. Proven on TdiClub.com. Just be super conservative on oiling the filter.

Rumble79

Ready to race!
My intake for ya! Sneak peek. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• TDI-Carbonio.jpg
    TDI-Carbonio.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 538

demonrabbit

Ready to race!
yes i have been on the phone with apr every week for the last 3 weeks that and there tune will be out with in the next 6 months

Quoddy

Ready to race!
Although a TSI and not a TDI, the first thing I did when I got my GTI last week was to take that monstrosity of an air filter out and put in a K&N. It may not be in there long if I go to Stage 1, but for now it's an improvement.

Last edited:

demonrabbit

Ready to race!
yea this is the tdi part of the forum but alot of the tech that vw learnd from there tdi ties they brought over to your motor and i dont see why you would take it out for stage one stage one needs not mod's to the motor on a tsi its 2 that needs you to upgrade your down pipe and thats it