GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior Detailing

kakiko

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know what everyone uses for detailing the interior. I never used any products on the dashboard or the leather seats since i bought the car. So what do you guys recommend for an OEM interior finish. I want to avoid using greasy and glossy products that's why i never used anything. I want to hear you recommendation and your experiences before i use anything and regret it.

ktopher

Ready to race!
Meg's APC to clean the interior pieces. For the leather, I use Sonax because it won't leave any greasy residue.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Laundry detergent mixed with water for stains (fabric and the dash If it needs it).

Finish off the dash and trim with 303 UV Protectant.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Mequiar's makes an interior spray that has a satin finish, and if you think it's still too shiny just go over it with a clean towel to remove the rest of the sheen.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I'd like to try the 303 stuff but I haven't seen it for sale here. I got some 'Lucas slick mist' and I'm pretty happy with it. There's nothing I hate more than pimp juice all over the dash or engine bay.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Amazon for 303.

Lol pimp juice. Reminds me of Nelly.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to try the 303 stuff but I haven't seen it for sale here. I got some 'Lucas slick mist' and I'm pretty happy with it. There's nothing I hate more than pimp juice all over the dash or engine bay.
Amazon for 303.

Lol pimp juice. Reminds me of Nelly.
Recently I was surprised to see Aerospace 303 on the shelves of my local Advance Auto. I think I've even seen it at Walmart...but it's been a loooooong time since I've been in a Walmart. As GolNat said, I usually purchase on Amazon out of convenience.

torga

Autocross Champion
Is there a difference between 303 Aerospace and 303 Interior/Exterior Protectant?

torga

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I think it's packaging also.

Aerospace does sound more hardcore. I think they have a marine one too.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Some of those used car dealers skeet all over everything haha

Yeah they do!! I don't mine some shine as long as it's not greasy!!!

The marine and convertible people give 303 high praise. If it can withstand marine abuse I figure the car should be no issue.