GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing ECS Street Shield Aluminum Skid Plate - VW MKVI !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
any columbus day promotions?
i'ld like a skid plate and a haldex filter.
and just to double check.
i looked at the part numbers on ur website.
it shows the same for a mk6 R, and gti?
I hav a gti front end on my R
should fit?

Sadly no sales at this time, sorry. Yes, will fit GTI and Golf R MK6 models.

Andy

chestR

Passed Driver's Ed
Sadly no sales at this time, sorry. Yes, will fit GTI and Golf R MK6 models.

Andy
just tried to place my order for street shield skid plate and haldex filter.
over $300.
your website shows over $200 free shipping, and in little tiny fine print
"some exclusions may apply"
trying to bang me for $50 shipping.
anything you can do???

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
just tried to place my order for street shield skid plate and haldex filter.
over $300.
your website shows over $200 free shipping, and in little tiny fine print
"some exclusions may apply"
trying to bang me for $50 shipping.
anything you can do???

Items marked with a 'Free Shipping Eligible' logo may qualify for free ground shipping within the contiguous US (48 states) for most orders with a value greater or equal to $200.00 USD. Oversized products and direct ship products are excluded from this offer unless otherwise noted.

Please give us a call if you have any other questions!

Thanks, Andy

Last edited:

chestR

Passed Driver's Ed
Items marked with a 'Free Shipping Eligible' logo may qualify for free ground shipping within the contiguous US (48 states) for most orders with a value greater or equal to $200.00 USD. Oversized products and direct ship products are excluded from this offer unless otherwise noted.

Please give us a call if you have any other questions!

Thanks, Andy

thanks for the qwik response.
25% of the item ($50 shipping) on a site that advertises free shipping over $200.
way to much $$$ for shipping.
guess i'll be going another route.
thanks again for your time.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
thanks for the qwik response.
25% of the item ($50 shipping) on a site that advertises free shipping over $200.
way to much $$$ for shipping.
guess i'll be going another route.
thanks again for your time.

No problem, if you change your mind let us know!

Andy

phant0m

Ready to race!
got mine along with H&R super sport springs from you guys about 2 weeks ago. Excellent combo!!! :thumbup:

I have the fumoto oil drain valve installed. thinking of drilling a hole in this big enough to get some long needle nose pliers up there to turn the valve so i don't have to drop this every time i do an oil change. The valve has a 1/4" nipple on it, so i might put some fuel line on it and leave it up there so there's no stream and i'll just pull it down through the hole to drain it.

I'm thinking the hole will be no bigger than 2" in diameter. ECS, you think this is okay to do? not that i want to cut into that beautiful shield haha :p

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
got mine along with H&R super sport springs from you guys about 2 weeks ago. Excellent combo!!! :thumbup:

I have the fumoto oil drain valve installed. thinking of drilling a hole in this big enough to get some long needle nose pliers up there to turn the valve so i don't have to drop this every time i do an oil change. The valve has a 1/4" nipple on it, so i might put some fuel line on it and leave it up there so there's no stream and i'll just pull it down through the hole to drain it.

I'm thinking the hole will be no bigger than 2" in diameter. ECS, you think this is okay to do? not that i want to cut into that beautiful shield haha :p

Thanks for the order!

We looked into adding a drain hole or some other sort of access panel in the plate, but after measuring the size of the fluid stream during an oil change on our Mk6 we determined that the size of the hole would weaken the plate and reduce its overall effectiveness.

The trade off for added protection will be taking out a few bolts when doing an oil change service. But since you have a top mounted oil filter housing in that TSI might want to look into an extractor then you will never have to lift the car to drain or take the plate off! Please see - Here

Andy

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
I made a slot by the drain plug and a smaller second hole downstream. I'll be trying it out next oil change.

Buffgli

Ready to race!
Any issues with the edges getting caught in snow, eg when backing out of a driveway? My OEM skid plate acts as a scoop

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Any issues with the edges getting caught in snow, eg when backing out of a driveway? My OEM skid plate acts as a scoop

Yet to hear any issues as ours is hard mounted to the subframe and acts as one unit. OE belly pan is half the size so I could see snow getting stuck in that.

Andy

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
For those with the Fumoto drain valve, it might be easier to squeeze a hose on the end of the valve so it can drain without a mess if you've drilled a hole in your skid plate.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
For those with the Fumoto drain valve, it might be easier to squeeze a hose on the end of the valve so it can drain without a mess if you've drilled a hole in your skid plate.

We looked into adding a drain hole or some other sort of access panel in the plate, but after measuring the size of the fluid stream during an oil change on our Mk6 we determined that the size of the hole would weaken the plate and reduce its overall effectiveness.

Andy

Yet again, again.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
it's not that bad to remove it. i only hooked the front in my bumper and installed the 3 screws/washers in the back since i don't run fender liners. no need for an access hole imo. my daily driver has 3 bolts on the skid plate from the factory and oil changes are already such an easy job.

zrickety

The Fixer
I agree, it's not hard to remove and mine has already saved me. I still don't mind swiss cheesing it a bit, this thing is heavy duty.

ECS, are the vents supposed to mimic the stock ones because I found I needed to bend them open?

Status
Not open for further replies.