GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Iowa City

Credit

Ready to race!
I'm in Portland, but check out the road I linked above. Not quite SR-5, pretty fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Credit

Ready to race!

Travis.rudd

Ready to race!
Charlie, i never got to make it to sugar bottom. Long story, i'm heading back to des moines to pick my car up this weekend lol.

Credit

Ready to race!

Credit

Ready to race!
Auto cross in Davenport on 6/16 if anyones interested...

sh0ebox

Ready to race!
1st post here and I thought I'd revive this thread.

I don't have a VW yet but soon I will be the owner of a 2013 CW 4dr TDI 6spd... I am located in the IC/CV/NL area. Anyone here have a VAG-COM that would be willing to do a couple tweaks for me sometime?

Also, I was driving south down Mormon Trek today and saw a black 2dr mk6 GTI with R LED tails... was that one of you guys?? :)

Credit

Ready to race!
Wasn't me. Did you buy your TDI from Carousel?

There's monthly GTGs that are organized by projektgerman.com

Welcome to the Golf Family, let me know if you ever want to meet up or go for a cruise.

sh0ebox

Ready to race!
Thanks! And nope I didn't buy from Carousel... I am actually picking mine up in Wisconsin. Carousel wasn't willing to meet the offer that the other dealership was willing to accept.

Do you have any experience with Carousel, positive or negative? Curious if I should try to avoid going to them for any maintenance (including carefree maintenance).

Credit

Ready to race!
My experience with them has been unremarkable. Which I guess is a good thing.
Pretty friendly, easy to schedule an appointment, I can order and receive a part in 24 hours. I've never had an issue with them, that being said. I haven't gone in for any warranty work, and I haven't had them to do work on my car since I passed 36k.

sh0ebox

Ready to race!
Any recommendations for a good tint shop around Iowa City/Coralville/North Liberty/Cedar Rapids? Thanks :)

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
I have VagCom and can tweak some stuff if you need me to.

sh0ebox

Ready to race!
Anyone around Iowa City with a VagCom? Might be getting some tails soon, need help with bulb out code and possibly some other little tweaks!

chupathingee

Resurrection!

I'm in IC and I'm picking up a Mk6 GTI tomorrow. Anybody from this thread still around? I'm fairly knowledgeable, I used to do all my own work on my ancient Toyota pickups (maintenance, not performance). I've had a few performance cars in the past (WRXs), but I'm new to VW. I'm looking to maybe do stage 1, do some VagCom tweaking, and talk cars.

Public Service Announcement: Be careful driving on Sugar Bottom Road. Visibility is fairly limited due to the twists and it is a VERY popular road for road biking, especially leading up to Ragbrai.