GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is my door speaker blown?

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
I have a dynaudio system in my GTI, I was wondering if I need a new speaker.

When the bass is off the sound is crystal clear and sounds great but when a certain pitch of bass hits that particular speaker (front driver) hates it, it sounds like a can with nails in it.

Sorry for the song choice but it makes the speaker make the sound. (Its not just this song) but its the most clear with this song

https://youtube.com/shorts/PUuQkoESUM4

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Maybe, try a different audio source. Mine sounded like garbage on some bass heavy tracks, I went and got a couple cheap CD's and it didn't sound distorted at all.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Did you press around the speaker to see if it was loose anywhere? One of the rivets could be loose. Or check to see if all the speaker material is mated to the surface.

I agree.. Check all audio sources playing the same song at the same volume

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
I thought our driver side speaker was blown, turned out to be a bit of foam from the door card was touching the cone. Remove the door card and check.

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah did all of that, it's coming strictly from the speaker itself, video I posted shows I took the panel off. someone suggested to me that the glue on the inside of the speaker might have come apart. Not sure but I'm gonna end up replacing the speaker found some used ones for around $80 on ebay.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
maybe the type of music? rap always makes speakers sound blown

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
maybe the type of music? rap always makes speakers sound blown
unfortunately it happens with other songs too :( i also unplugged that speaker and the other speakers didnt make any type of noise playing the same song. This song just makes it super noticeable for the video to pickup but I ordered a used speaker off eBay, waiting for it to arrive, i plan on just plugging it in to test the sound quality, if its the same than I wont replace it and end up trying to sell the used speaker, if it improves ill go through with actually replacing it