GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

is this everything i need for HIDs?

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
for my birthday, my boyfriend bought me this HID kit, H7 bulbs, 55W 4500K

when we tried to install them, it seemed like something was missing, so he ended up installing them in his porsche. (yeah, so i got nothing for my birthday) he said he'd put them in my car once i figured out what else i needed.

so is this all i need to make them work?

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
There's a thread here called do not use 55w hid bulbs or something

There is a thread somewhere but i can't find it at the moment.

the_abuse

Ready to race!
DO NOT use 55watt HID's they will Blow your BCM and your lights will get fucked up and you will have to pay big bucks to get a new bcm. Trust me I did it jsut get the 35watt from USP motorsports the kit comes with everything and it works perfectly and its cheap only 89.99

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
ok, so i should definitely get 35w. also i've seen on other threads that HIDs in the halogen housing is extremely bright and blinds other drivers. so since 35w is lower power, will it still be too bright?

snofrandy

Ready to race!
it's not that bad. the GTI actually has a pretty clean cut off. Here's mine at 35W:

(fig. 6)

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
FWIW...

35W HID's, especially 4300K, are great for MkVI GTI's. VW and most, if not all, factory HID's are 35W. 55W is way too much. I have the USP 35W kit and it works fabulously, and I still have the factory high beams, too. No need for anything brighter like 55W. They would probably cause problems with the stock wiring and cause error messages. 35W are the best.

See: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ID-Conversion-Kits-Bulbs-Accessories-and-LEDs