GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is20 Loose Wastegate?

Bonderd

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Guys, Just got my is20 in. It is a used one and I will be purchasing the additional parts for install over christmas break. I noticed that my wastegate is slightly loose. Like it is not sealed against the turbo 100%, you can grab the rod and wiggle it just ever so slighlty. Not enough to open the wastegate by hand, but I just dont remember seeing a loose wastegate on previous turbo's I have installed. Although they never have used an electronic wastegate like this. Other than this turno looks great. Not one bit of shaftplay,etc

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
This has been discussed a few times before. I think it's only the IS38 that has the wastegate firmly pressed against the hole, and the IS12 and IS20 both keep their wastegates looser. When you take your IS12 out compare them side by side, I bet they will be pretty much the same. I didn't have to adjust mine and it was similar to what you described, so I think you won't have to adjust yours.

Bonderd

Passed Driver's Ed
This has been discussed a few times before. I think it's only the IS38 that has the wastegate firmly pressed against the hole, and the IS12 and IS20 both keep their wastegates looser. When you take your IS12 out compare them side by side, I bet they will be pretty much the same. I didn't have to adjust mine and it was similar to what you described, so I think you won't have to adjust yours.

Sounds right I found various videos on youtube about the same issue. Looks about right to me

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
I think it is OK. My is20 is loose too whereas my very new is12 Revision is tight.
Still looking what the wastegate does exactly when flooring it cause I have underboost issues sometimes in low gears.

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk