GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's Decided. 2.5 Turbo. Winter 2019

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Wait to get the new parts before going shopping.
My issue is shipping rates. Once you try to ship an item over the boarder the rates sky rocket. I'll be across the boarder this summer so I plan on shipping parts to a friend's house to pick up.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Hey folks, slowly assembling the parts I need. I'm at the fuel injectors now and am curious if anyone knows of any injectors that are compatible with the 2.5. The only 550cc Injectors I can find are on ECS tuning. There has to be something else that could fit

Ideas?

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Hey folks, slowly assembling the parts I need. I'm at the fuel injectors now and am curious if anyone knows of any injectors that are compatible with the 2.5. The only 550cc Injectors I can find are on ECS tuning. There has to be something else that could fit

Ideas?

Look at CTSTURBO, that's where I bought them with the adaptors

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Awesome thanks!

I ended up finding a guy a couple hours away that has them in stock. He deals with performance VWs. He has all the parts for my current and future needs. Even does UM Tunes and has done a few 2.5Ts.

No idea how I didn't know about them until now.

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Anybody know about wastegates?

I was given one by a friend and can't get it to work.

When there is no spring it opens easily but if the spring is put in it seizes.
I tried pushing on it with all my weight and hooked up an air compressor to the vacuum port and had no movement. I took it apart and checked the diaphragm as well as gave it a good cleaning.

The spring is green and from the Tial chart should only be around 5 pounds.

junior0404

Ready to race!
I plan on throwing a turbo in this coming winter but want to get as much information as I can before doing so to avoid blowing the engine. I've searched threads for turbo builds and found some that set me in the right direction but want to be extra safe.

Please. Lets not let this turn into a "Just buy a GTI and tune it. It's Cheaper."
Considering my car is almost paid off and a used 2012 GTI is around $17,000 before tuning it, it's really not... Plus you're not paying for it so humor me please.

Here's what I have planned thus far. I'm going to start off small (10-12 PSI) and eventually build up the engine and bring up the boost.

Doing: K03 Turbo w/ Custom manifold
550cc Fuel Injectors
Side Mount Intercooler w/ piping
Blow Off Valve
C2 or United Motorsport Tune
C2 MAF
Boost Gage...

Unsure: Upgraded Fuel Pump
Stage 2 Engine Mount
Stage 2 Clutch
Catch Can

Future: IE SRI (Might start with this)
IE Forged Connecting Rods
Head Spacer
Power Pulley

Any suggestions? Things I need or don't need? I also have no idea how to get oil into the turbo, where can I tap into?
Will keep everyone up to date with the build.

what you dont need.
Head Spacer
C2 MAF

what you need.
fuel pump. deutschwerks dw65v. direct replacement to your oem one.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
what you dont need.
Head Spacer
C2 MAF

what you need.
fuel pump. deutschwerks dw65v. direct replacement to your oem one.

The OP updated his list here : https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2623690&postcount=88

The DW65V isn't a direct replacement on our MK6 since we have the new fuel pump revision which isn't serviceable. You can always get a old pump assembly from an older 2.5 like the 2007 or you can use the fuel pump of a 2010 RS4, you only need to swap the top of your MK6 pump on the RS4 and it fits

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
So! I'm well on my way to start the build. I decided to get the IE intake manifold and since I'm going to be on low boost I'm going to keep the returnless fuel system in place. I just need to get a fuel filter and the intake as well as a few random nuts and bolts and I can start.

Here's my issue.

I need to get it tuned and the shop that is going to do it is 330km away. They suggested I keep the stock injectors and drive like my grandmother and keep off the boost by any means. I thought just running an empty wastegate or disconnecting an intake line could do it but didnt realize that spinning the turbo freely for 5 hours could damage it.

What do you folks think?

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
So! I'm well on my way to start the build. I decided to get the IE intake manifold and since I'm going to be on low boost I'm going to keep the returnless fuel system in place. I just need to get a fuel filter and the intake as well as a few random nuts and bolts and I can start.

Here's my issue.

I need to get it tuned and the shop that is going to do it is 330km away. They suggested I keep the stock injectors and drive like my grandmother and keep off the boost by any means. I thought just running an empty wastegate or disconnecting an intake line could do it but didnt realize that spinning the turbo freely for 5 hours could damage it.

What do you folks think?

I drove the car for a week or two without a tune and drove to the UM dealer on stock injector

Put a 5psi spring or try to avoid boosting and the car will run fine, we have the MAF-less version, it won't break the car. Swap the injectors at the dealer

Also you will need to replace the MAP sensor for a 3Bar from a MK7 R, your dealer will probably tell you that. And you might have to wait after Jeff to prepare the tune, I had to wait for the file

Also if you haven't got the fuel pump already, I would recommend an RS4 B7 fuel pump over a DW65V... My DW65V is already failing, I'm receiving the RS4 pump tomorrow

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
I drove the car for a week or two without a tune and drove to the UM dealer on stock injector

Put a 5psi spring or try to avoid boosting and the car will run fine, we have the MAF-less version, it won't break the car. Swap the injectors at the dealer

Also you will need to replace the MAP sensor for a 3Bar from a MK7 R, your dealer will probably tell you that. And you might have to wait after Jeff to prepare the tune, I had to wait for the file

Also if you haven't got the fuel pump already, I would recommend an RS4 B7 fuel pump over a DW65V... My DW65V is already failing, I'm receiving the RS4 pump tomorrow
Awesome, that's what I'll do then. He asked to give him a few week heads up to get the file.
I have an in-line Walburo pump
I haven't heard about the MAP sensor though. I'll ask him, Thanks!!

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Awesome, that's what I'll do then. He asked to give him a few week heads up to get the file.
I have an in-line Walburo pump
I haven't heard about the MAP sensor though. I'll ask him, Thanks!!

Old 2.5 turbo used 4bar MAP, but I have been told the 3Bar from the MK7 R is more precise on vacuum reading and have the air temperature sensor too and 3 bar is enough for us. It's about 80$ CAD

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Okay, is it just the stock MAP sensor in the R?