GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
youndont happen to know the thread specs for this off the top of you head? I need to fab something that allows me to drop my UB because the unitronic TBE is to thickk. Thinking maybe a long nutset tacked like this to get some extension. I think it’s and M8 but I don’t have a way to check the thread pitch.
M8 1.5

jay745

Well it's been an annoying week. Every time I test drove it my meth controller started flashing stars which I read is caused by a clogged line somewhere. Tore apart basically the whole system, cleaned the filter, replaced the lines and it still was doing it. Started reading more and it could be caused by the dual stage solenoid not activating so I started tracing that, found I forgot to connect the ground wire for the solenoid 😠🥴😒😒😒

Anyways hooked that up and all is good. On the plus side I re mounted my tank and got rid of the carpeting in the back and replaced the press fitttings for the lines with better compression fittings. Feel like it was off center before and would change the center of gravity. I have to get re corner balanced anyways soon.

Ready to go to the track this weekend!
20210426_173154.jpg

jay745

Have you guys tried Raybestos ST43? That's what Im running now, great pad and life, but really just made for the track, its extremely noisy on the streets.
I have not, I spent a long time trying to figure out what pads work and found what I believe to be the best combo for me using xp12 in the front and xp10 in the rear. Seems to perform the best for trail braking without inducing any unwanted side effects. When I was using xp10 in the front and rear trail taking seemed to be a little unstable, switching to a more aggressive front pad setup worked great. I'm fairly happy getting 6 days out of a set of pads, not worth it for me at least to go back through the trial and error finding a new pad.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Have you guys tried Raybestos ST43? That's what Im running now, great pad and life, but really just made for the track, its extremely noisy on the streets.
Brake pads are one of those things that can be expensive and frustrating to test. So once you find a setup that works, its just easier to stick with it. I’m running G-loc R12 front and R8 rear, which are basically the equivalent to Carbotech XP12/XP8.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Brake pads are one of those things that can be expensive and frustrating to test. So once you find a setup that works, its just easier to stick with it. I’m running G-loc R12 front and R8 rear, which are basically the equivalent to Carbotech XP12/XP8.
Missed opportunity to say "once you find a setup that works, you can just stop there." ;)

torga

Autocross Champion
Missed opportunity to say "once you find a setup that works, you can just stop there." ;)
Once you find a brake set up that works, best to clamp down

zrickety

The Fixer

jay745

Well, I signed up for 3 track days over the next 5 weeks. Blackhawk farms, Gingerman and Grattan. Ordered another set of rs4's. Really debated trying a different tire but I've just had such good experience with rs4 it's hard to take a gamble when I like those so much. When I move and buy a trailer I'll probably buy some slicks. Trying to hit this season hard at the track

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Well, I signed up for 3 track days over the next 5 weeks. Blackhawk farms, Gingerman and Grattan. Ordered another set of rs4's. Really debated trying a different tire but I've just had such good experience with rs4 it's hard to take a gamble when I like those so much. When I move and buy a trailer I'll probably buy some slicks. Trying to hit this season hard at the track
So jealous. I'm itching to get out so bad.

jay745

Well Gingerman was eventful. Someone dumped fluid at t2 and .y tires turned to ice, went sliding off the track and my rad hose popped off dumping my water. Quick track repair and I was back out. The rest of the day was good, my tires are shot. I have a fresh set of rs4's but wanted to get one more day out of the old ones. They are shot now lol. After the last session I noticed my rotor was cracked 😭 ordered a new set. Gotta swap rubber and rotors before June 13 at Blackhawk Farms. Grattan June 26.
IMG_20210529_161741_374.jpg

20210529_173852.jpg
20210529_173012.jpg
191470691_2990236874543393_2737648387381623271_n.jpg