GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
I'm disappointed in stoptech. They should supply the conical hardware with all of their kits. The rotor should not come loose after 1 track day or ever for that matter.
That is interesting that they supplied the flat washers. I really prefer to order through Zeckhausen because he knows all the technical specifics for what I’m trying to order. Stoptech’s website is lacking and I don’t have access to their dealer site obviously, so to me it’s worth going through Zeckhausen. He got the correct rotors, hardware, and hats for me that I carry as spares.

Reactions: zef

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
race washers? where do i get those? home depot motorsports?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
That is interesting that they supplied the flat washers. I really prefer to order through Zeckhausen because he knows all the technical specifics for what I’m trying to order. Stoptech’s website is lacking and I don’t have access to their dealer site obviously, so to me it’s worth going through Zeckhausen. He got the correct rotors, hardware, and hats for me that I carry as spares.

This. Zeckhausen is the man. I don't care if I can get it elsewhere less expensive.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
This. Zeckhausen is the man. I don't care if I can get it elsewhere less expensive.
I ordered my last set from them and they came with the same junk hardware, had to order the good hardware separately. I since found out a friend of mine is a stoptech dealer and got these rotors to me for $480 shipped and I can't pass that up, going forward now I know I just have to order the hardware with it.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
Hey Jay,

Do you have the alignment specs you're using posted anywhere? I'm running -1.8 camber F/R with the toe at .03 in the front and .16 in the rear. I was thinking about going to zero or slight toe out F/R to get the car to rotate a little better. What do you think?

Thanks,

Chris

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Hey Jay,

Do you have the alignment specs you're using posted anywhere? I'm running -1.8 camber F/R with the toe at .03 in the front and .16 in the rear. I was thinking about going to zero or slight toe out F/R to get the car to rotate a little better. What do you think?

Thanks,

Chris
I'll look, it's -2 camber in the front and -2.4 in the rear. Slight toe out but not sure the spec.
Is that SPM?
Yes

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Well my brakes are sorted with the new hardware. Stoptech replied to an email I sent them and told me it's normal for the race version to separate and feel loose from the hat. I don't like it one bit and can't fathom how that's normal or safe. Anyways, heading to Grattan this weekend.

The only thought I would have is that design is there because of the extreme heat of tracking. The metal expands under heat and makes the fasteners tighter when in use. But that would be a LOT of expansion and I agree just doesn't sound right.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Ugh. Been dailying this thing for a week since I sold my Jetta. Few more weeks till the truck arrives. I'm burning water in this thing fast, got underneath yesterday and couldn't find anything leaking. Not good
Maybe time for a coolant system pressure test 🤔