GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Thanks for the info, Ill probably order some larger nozzles to play with and run some logs soon. I run a 93 map, with 93 pump gas using 50/50 VP M1. It's a snow system, but their nozzles are back ordered so I went with ProMeth. Although I finally just talked to them and they're on back order too so that sucks.
I think all except Aquamist use 1/8" NPT so you could use Devils Own also. Best to check Summit Racing for nozzles, they used to have a pretty good stock of them. I liked the slightly older Snow nozzles that came with a built in checkvalve.
Thanks for the info, Ill probably order some larger nozzles to play with and run some logs soon. I run a 93 map, with 93 pump gas using 50/50 VP M1. It's a snow system, but their nozzles are back ordered so I went with ProMeth. Although I finally just talked to them and they're on back order too so that sucks.

On running 93 tune on 93 gas you are mostly looking to zero out knock and max the tune so you won't need nearly as much as I used. There won't be any gains really to be had beyond the limits of the tune, just regain the max capability of the tune if some of it is being lost due to heat-> knock.

This is the time of year it will be of most benefit even in Chicago. Higher ambient air temps will of course really works against us in that you start with hotter air, then compress it which super heats it. On top of that hot air contains less oxygen per cu ft. Water meth can lower the temp dramatically and at the same time condense the air. So in the summer, if you have it dialed in, you won't feel any significant loss of power and power is like a cool spring morning even in the heat of day.

So when you set yours up for 93.......

• Log a couple of 4th gear (2500 to redline) runs with w/m off and just log rpm, boost, timing and timing of each cyl to get a base.
  • Have a look at the chart and see where the ECU starts to pull out timing, that is where you will want to "start" methanol
  • Usually you will need it starting at about 7psi and set your "max" pretty far out to like 25 psi.
  • Run another 4th gear run and look and compare base chart to new one.
  • Generally you will decrease your max setting to increase when and how quickly it gets to max. You are increasing how much each psi of flow is increasing voltage to pump.
  • I would start with you smallest nozzle and see how much timing you can recover.
  • Goal of course is to see zeros in all cylinders but only just, if we start adding past that we lose power and there is no real way to tell except loss of power.

If you have any questions or need help looking at things, happy to help.

I ran an APR intercooler along with this. Mostly I ran the larger intercooler because the stock IC was actually a choke point for top end power. A large IC does help but its ability to cool and condense air is limited by ambient air temps. W/M can do things in terms of cooling that can't be achieved by an IC because of the evaporative properties of both water and meth, then you add that Methanol is about 116 octane and you have a very potent system...... if it is dialed in correctly.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I think all except Aquamist use 1/8" NPT so you could use Devils Own also. Best to check Summit Racing for nozzles, they used to have a pretty good stock of them. I liked the slightly older Snow nozzles that came with a built in checkvalve.

On running 93 tune on 93 gas you are mostly looking to zero out knock and max the tune so you won't need nearly as much as I used. There won't be any gains really to be had beyond the limits of the tune, just regain the max capability of the tune if some of it is being lost due to heat-> knock.

This is the time of year it will be of most benefit even in Chicago. Higher ambient air temps will of course really works against us in that you start with hotter air, then compress it which super heats it. On top of that hot air contains less oxygen per cu ft. Water meth can lower the temp dramatically and at the same time condense the air. So in the summer, if you have it dialed in, you won't feel any significant loss of power and power is like a cool spring morning even in the heat of day.

So when you set yours up for 93.......

• Log a couple of 4th gear (2500 to redline) runs with w/m off and just log rpm, boost, timing and timing of each cyl to get a base.
  • Have a look at the chart and see where the ECU starts to pull out timing, that is where you will want to "start" methanol
  • Usually you will need it starting at about 7psi and set your "max" pretty far out to like 25 psi.
  • Run another 4th gear run and look and compare base chart to new one.
  • Generally you will decrease your max setting to increase when and how quickly it gets to max. You are increasing how much each psi of flow is increasing voltage to pump.
  • I would start with you smallest nozzle and see how much timing you can recover.
  • Goal of course is to see zeros in all cylinders but only just, if we start adding past that we lose power and there is no real way to tell except loss of power.

If you have any questions or need help looking at things, happy to help.
I appreciate it that's great info. I do feel a pretty big power benefit though honestly. Driving the last 2 weeks with the system off the car feels neutered. I did play with the boost pressures a bit and start at 7psi, full spray at 14 which seems to work well

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'm getting pissed off at ProMeth. No updates on my order since July 8, nobody replies to emails, chat or phone calls. Wtf
Were they bought by ECS?

jay745

My damn meth nozzles still haven't arrived. Decided to just plug them for now while I wait so I can still drive. Went out yesterday and she's running good with the new injectors. I did pop a cel which was weird but I think it was because I didn't clear the codes after the failed injector. Cleared it and was fine the rest of the day.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
great news!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Y you no inject meth into fuel lines

jay745

Alright I swapped the atomizers for the 6 port atomizers which do increase the flow. Now the iat is where I'm used to but something doesn't feel right. Feels like it's getting too much and bogging or something unless I'm in the higher rpms. It stutters if I get on boost early around 2-3k and as soon as I'm 4-5k it takes off like a bandit. Maybe I should put one of the smaller atomizers back in...but which port to try first 🤔

I need to go spend some time running logs, feel like I'm throwing darts against the wall.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Alright I swapped the atomizers for the 6 port atomizers which do increase the flow. Now the iat is where I'm used to but something doesn't feel right. Feels like it's getting too much and bogging or something unless I'm in the higher rpms. It stutters if I get on boost early around 2-3k and as soon as I'm 4-5k it takes off like a bandit. Maybe I should put one of the smaller atomizers back in...but which port to try first 🤔

I need to go spend some time running logs, feel like I'm throwing darts against the wall.
I'd say put the smaller one in the tb spacer