GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

zrickety

The Fixer
Honestly I was planning on just cutting it out. The condenser has seem it's fair share of rocks and I don't have to remove the core support doing it that way. I don't think you'd want the condenser in the shape it's in. I can give you the compressor though if you want to source a condenser separately though, it's been used less than 20 times since owning the car lol
That's what I was hoping lol
Really most interested in the hoses, hard lines, and compressor (with bolts). Brackets.
Condensor, evaporator not as important. LMK

zrickety

The Fixer
Do you do any track driving or notice any difference during hard cornering?

I FEEL THE DIFFERENCE!

It's not dramatic, but it is noticeable. Got them on just before I picked up the kids.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Went to Autobahn north today with SCCA and had a good time. Some other vw folks were there. One golf r guy had his brake disc completely sheer off from the part connecting to the hub. Super scary.

My car did great. I ran a 1.09. Was getting owned by gt3 cup cars and it was awesome.

jay745

track night-5.jpg
track night-3.jpg
track night-4.jpg
20220924_160117.jpg

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
One golf r guy had his brake disc completely sheer off from the part connecting to the hub. Super scary.

I sold my R brakes to a fellow member. Pads and rotors had 1 track day and a few street miles on them and he managed to do what you describe. Got the brakes so hot the rotors came apart. These were fresh Centric one piece blanks.

zrickety

The Fixer
Well I'm due for new coil packs, about 15k on them. Prices for oems doubled since I last replaced them 🤮 never thought I'd buy Apr coil packs but they're worlds cheaper so I'm getting those.
Will you run them longer now that the price has gone up? Seems early.
Jay, do you have an oil pressure gauge? I didn't see one on the list. I'm searching the forum and everything is boost gauges.

jay745

Will you run them longer now that the price has gone up? Seems early.
Jay, do you have an oil pressure gauge? I didn't see one on the list. I'm searching the forum and everything is boost gauges.
Naw I'll still replace em every 15k or so. I don't have an oil pressure gauge, it's on the long list of things to do

jay745

Well my car won't start. Really weird, I noticed occasionally on warm starts it was wanting to die until I blip the throttle which leads me to suspect fueling. Then it just wouldn't start at all. I ordered both lpfp and hpfp along with a new fuel filter. Injectors are new so I'm ruling that out unless I got a bad batch. I pulled the spark plugs to inspect them and they looked fine ~6k miles on them. Of course my dumbass dropped one of them on the ground so I ordered new plugs too. Hopefully it solves that. About $600 for both fuel pumps, filter, coils and plugs 😭

smanierre

Autocross Champion
If it still doesn't could try pulling the coil packs out and cranking to make sure you're getting a spark on all them, probably just disconnect the injectors first so you aren't spraying fuel out