GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

MKNSM

You don't need BMS although George is great. Find a section of road that you can do a manual shift third gear pull from 2K on. Set up your JB4 for logging, map 1, 2, or 3. If it's your first tuning attempt, start with 1 or 2. Start the log and roll on the throttle fully but don't hit the kickdown switch. Hold it flat out, shift into 4th, then stop the log and dodge the po-po. Create a datazap.me account. Log into the account and upload the log. How you get the log off depends on the platform. I have BT and a Samsung phone so I use My Files and email. Set your datazap account to public. Post the link here and ask for help.

thanks a lot, that was perfectly what I needed. will do just that.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Still getting EPC. I guess my 2019 doesn't like +6. I did fill up before trying +6, but I thought a fuel quality issue would show up as knock? I guess I will knock down the boost a bit.

https://datazap.me/u/vmax911/e30-2-epc?log=0&data=1-4

What fuel are you using? And for what ya got now, I would back everything off .5 from 5500 up and see what happens. I know you'd like that N/A feel and all, but you can only do so much up top with a small snail. Its also running a bit lean for a 19 up top comparitively. FOL?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Whatever intercooler you're using seems to be saving your ass. 22psi taper, all that E on board, 100F IAT, and still getting 7.5° timing. Nice.
Answer - Drugs,lol

Well, I’m running a frontmount with a treadstone core. it did great with the is20, never climbed and delta were 8-12F over ambient...now with the hybrid those quickly jumped up to 15-20F and would climb slightly in the upper RPM, but that don’t seem uncommon with a hybrid.

but you’re seeing 100F IAT and staying flat in 95F weather cause I’m running lots of meth! Dual nozzle
Setup flowing 1000cc, with a 60/40 meth heavy mix.

Last edited:

Vmax911

Passed Driver's Ed
What fuel are you using? And for what ya got now, I would back everything off .5 from 5500 up and see what happens. I know you'd like that N/A feel and all, but you can only do so much up top with a small snail. Its also running a bit lean for a 19 up top comparitively. FOL?

Using a bit over 3 gallons of no-name E85 (Circle-K, only one available) and filling up the rest with Chevron. FOL is 60. I did notice it looked a bit lean, but didn't see any weird fuel pressure spikes. The last map I tried I peaked at +5.1 @6k instead of the +6.2 @6k and AFR's were at least a point lower. It was unfortunate that I got a new tank of gas and changed the map at the same time, though I'm not sure why fuel would effect boost pressure. Bad gas, running out of stock fueling, too much boost for a 2019, who knows? I'll take it down a bit for now.

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
can someone pls check this log (i just filled up with 93oct from empty, previous tank had e30ish), especially my AFR. twin cooler is my next mod and i want to keep running ethanol mix but i keep getting CEL. ,

when i scanned it with obdII
Misfire cyl 2 and 3
Fuel level (too low) i was at empty when cel came on
Database error value received

scanned with jb4
431A - ?
3AB3 - i think its System too lean at idle

https://datazap.me/u/pjohn221/log-1591470471?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-5-6-18

2018 GTI stock
FOL - 55
FM -60/85//5

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Just filled up with 9L of E85 and the with 98RON and did a few pulls. Not sure if the fuel had mixed properly and reached the injectors by the first pull.
https://datazap.me/u/callekl/clutch...a=1-2-3-4-5-6-11-14-18-19-25-26-27&zoom=0-189

From what I can see it looks good?
Tjena pröva att gå tillbaka till 60/85/5 mjukvaran, JB4an begär för lite laddtryck så den lägger inte på lika mycket som den borde. Har sett flera lustiga beteenden på dom 2 sista versionerna som jag inte hade på 6b eller 85.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
3 gal e85 (tested 85), rest 93, messing around setup with the diggs special He posted before. Only thing I changed was failsafe to 27 (why idn)

https://datazap.me/u/mk7bk/sunday?log=0&data=1-3-4-5-11-14-15-18&trim=1&tmin=3225.82&tmax=5775.00

Is this my Max limit?

Ambient 76, not the best run, had to switch lanes cuz dodo stang owner wouldn't run me and after his little poo poo pull went into the middle lane 1000ft ahead or whatever so i had to switch middle to left lanes and did a little fly by

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
3 gal e85 (tested 85), rest 93, messing around setup with the diggs special He posted before. Only thing I changed was failsafe to 27 (why idn)

https://datazap.me/u/mk7bk/sunday?log=0&data=1-3-4-5-11-14-15-18&trim=1&tmin=3225.82&tmax=5775.00

Is this my Max limit?

Ambient 76, not the best run, had to switch lanes cuz dodo stang owner wouldn't run me and after his little poo poo pull went into the middle lane 1000ft ahead or whatever so i had to switch middle to left lanes and did a little fly by

Yes, this is your max limit. No more running dumbass 'Stang owners 😁.

Log looks pretty damn good, but running on edge of fuel. If it gets much hotter, then........
Boost safety to 27 so you have a chance to hit 25-26 ;).