GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K&N Cold Air Intake

citrin1893

Ready to race!
Hey all,
Does anybody know if K&N makes a cold air intake for thr mk6 yet?
Or if there is a better one out there?

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Alot of companies make a CAI with a K&N type filter. i would go with APR personally.

Darkmkvigti

Ready to race!
Go Apr because its an enclosed unit with allows for better bottom end, but K & N does make one for the MKVI.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Well in the grill there is vents that go right into the airbox so call it what you want.
90% of "CAI"s arent CAI they are Warm air intakes.

CAI became the generic term fo a cone filter with a tube behind it.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Do you know if it would void my warranty?

No it wont unless VW provides you with an Air Filter for free .
But the air Filter must meet VW specs.

I have never heard of a warranty denied for an intake

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
yes :23: and... no

if you have and issue cause by the intake then yes, if not then no.

+1

I called VW Canada to get clarification. Here was their explanation:

If ANY aftermarket item (an item or service not issued by/at the VW factory or certified VW part) causes damage to the vehicle as a direct result of the aftermarket item, then the damaged item and labour is not covered by warranty. However, having an aftermarket product does not void the warranty of the vehicle.

citrin1893

Ready to race!
Oh and btw I wuz looking at the apr website nd i noticed that thers the carbonio stage 1 intake nd then the stage 2...nd then secondary air breather filter and the ram air bracketry. The stage 1 intake has all i need right (I'm not quite ready for stage 2)? I don't need to buy the breather filter and the ram air bracketry right?

mrtn

Ready to race!
Oh and btw I wuz looking at the apr website nd i noticed that thers the carbonio stage 1 intake nd then the stage 2...nd then secondary air breather filter and the ram air bracketry. The stage 1 intake has all i need right (I'm not quite ready for stage 2)? I don't need to buy the breather filter and the ram air bracketry right?

Right.

citrin1893

Ready to race!
mrtn i jst checked out the kn filters nd i think the one for the golf vi 2.0L on the golf is the TDI diesel engine

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion

It depends which engine you have. One of them needs the air breather. When I ordered through DBC they asked and told me how to check to see which one I had