K&N Cold Air Intake

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You only need the breather filter if you have the CBFA

Here's how you know you have the CBFA engine:

devondunphy

Passed Driver's Ed
looks like I'll have to be the guinea pig and pull the trigger

i'll be right behind you, this is the first change i'll be making, i just bought my car yesterdasy. this always one of the best modifications in my opinion on any vehicle. k&n makes good filters.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
I had the K&N on my 2007 Fahrenheit- great intake, great sound, never had any problems with mine, I think I'm gonna try the Carbonio stage 2 this time though - I like the idea of the carbon fiber being heat resistant to engine bay temps, coupled with the APR Intercooler I also plan to get I should beat these Vegas hot temperatures into submission and cut way down on heat soak!

MadRabbit1

Ready to race!
I went with the Carbonio intake, heard from a couple people that the K&N is more likely to pull in water vapors from the open engine compartment, they said that would lead to vapor lock on the turbo. the dealer i have is cool with my changes, just didnt want to put him in a tough spot to cover it under warranty if anything happened. service advisor, as well as my tuner suggested the carbonio. Just my opinion.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
how is the k&n CAI compared to bsh race,twintake and carbonio in terms of performance and gains

aeaustin2021

Passed Driver's Ed
I just traded in my 2010 328i and bought a 2011 VW GTI with SR, NAV, & DSG. Love the car. Been looking for intakes as well. K&N makes a great one. adds over 9Hp as well.
http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/61A1915A0A0.aspx
Was also curious about warranty issues though. And I am about to add a kicker L7 10" with a Kicker ZX500.1 amp. Hoping that wouldn't give me any warranty issues as well..

xx_adi0_xx

Ready to race!
I'm ressurecting this thread..Anybody have the K&N 69 Series Typhoon Intake yet?
I've always used K&N products on all my cars and this looks like a real nice setup.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-9504TTK

It says Not In Stock in the USA but Amazon shows it as available.

I have the K&N Typhoon kit 69 series and im in love with it. I love the sound it makes and how loud my turbo spools. I also saw huge changes before i got my car chipped and even more after i got it chipped. Where in NY do yo live because im in Brooklyn... so if your around there i can recommend a shop that gave me a great deal on the CAI

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
I have the K&N Typhoon kit 69 series and im in love with it. I love the sound it makes and how loud my turbo spools. I also saw huge changes before i got my car chipped and even more after i got it chipped. Where in NY do yo live because im in Brooklyn... so if your around there i can recommend a shop that gave me a great deal on the CAI

i ordered it,it will arrive mid january though. good to hear u like the intake. i got mine for 350$ including installation. mind posting some pics?