GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Dyno Consumer Reports APR vs GIAC vs UNI

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Most variables will be controlled but obviously this is not a scientific study.

The intentions were to show the different tuning strategies and of course the best option is to use the same vehicle but that is not realistic on our end.

If I keep getting the feeling of doubt and speculation I will choose to not share any more information. We're just doing this as a fun exercise which can Benefit the entire community.

:thumbsup:

I'm 100% in agreement. I'm just forewarning the shitstorm of speculation. :D

I'm definitely interested to see the results.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
Nothing really good will come out with this. When someone car makes more then someone else car all hell is going to break loose. If I do dyno my car I don't want to get involved in a heated discussion.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
I am also looking forward to this and think it is great. I will also say it says a lot about the sad state of this forum when you have to brace for a shitstorm after. Like it was said this isn't an end all be all scientific comparison of which tune is better. It is just a fun dyno run of a couple cars with different tunes. People don't need to get butthurt if their tune isn't the highest dyno'd that day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I am also looking forward to this and think it is great. I will also say it says a lot about the sad state of this forum when you have to brace for a shitstorm after. Like it was said this isn't an end all be all scientific comparison of which tune is better. It is just a fun dyno run of a couple cars with different tunes. People don't need to get butthurt if their tune isn't the highest dyno'd that day.

Its been like this for a very long time. Even before this forum came to fruition.

Balt21

Ready to race!

Agreed. It hasn't even happened yet and people are complaining b/c of the variables. It hasn't been done yet (to my knowledge), so just take the results for what they are. There's no need to say the results are garbage before they even come out.

I look forward to the results OP.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
no revo k04's going out there?

A K04 Revo FSI will be there but that doesn't really count..

I'm 100% in agreement. I'm just forewarning the shitstorm of speculation. :D

I'm definitely interested to see the results.

Thanks.. And If someone thinks they can do it better then go ahead.. Otherwise cut us some slack!

Thanks and I agree 100%... Each car might have minor differences but the basics will all be the same. I assume all of the numbers will be close and everyone should appreciate some solid independent findings over the typical marketing BS we normally see.

;)

Veracity

Ready to race!
Agreed. It hasn't even happened yet and people are complaining b/c of the variables.....There's no need to say the results are garbage before they even come out.

I think its good that concerns are being raised now as it gives more opportunity to make the test as fair and transparent as possible. The test procedure is independent of the results, regardless of what the results are a flawed test is a flawed test.

I think good logs from each car will go a long way in helping analyze the results and keep the debate somewhat civil. Someones going to loose and you can be sure they aren't going to say, "yep our software and or hardware is just not the best"

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Dynos + Logs of every run. = More work than most have tried to accomplish here.

#Winning

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Subscribed! Thanks for this

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I do think this is a great idea. I'm hoping you guys get a bunch of cars so that there are multiple cars with each type of tune etc.

In the end there shouldn't be that much variance between cars. If there is that's when the red flags start popping up. Would be great to get 3 of each tune. I know it's hard to organize and coordinate so props to you guys.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Just confirmed a High Output Eurodyne K04 TSI will also be joining the party BUT it runs on 93 and W/M.

Should be interesting to see how it compares.

ehancock

Ready to race!
How about you run the cars as they are instead of the tuning companies using this as their own propaganda?