GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kansas City

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
@socal87 how you like your DG springs btw? what struts do you have paired with them?
I'm still on the stock struts, which at nearly 150k are pretty tired. The springs were free, a concession from a dealer when I caught one of their techs abusing my car. I don't think they have a higher spring rate than the stock springs, as I've bottomed out my suspension and bent rims a few times.

I would recommend going with a coilover kit, honestly. You can find a decent set of KW coilovers for around $500, which should firm up the ride some without being jarring.

slag

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone in the KC/Lawrence area have access to a VAG-COM interface that will work with a 2007 GTI? I have a bulb out somewhere, not sure where, and can't find it to save my life. Also would like to just scan the car to see if there is anything wonky. I'm in Lawrence, but will travel.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
I live in Lawrence near Rock Chalk Park and I have a VAG-COM. Send me a PM.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Bit late but I'm in Olathe with VCDS... also an Mizzou grad so socal87 you can piss off with that rock chalk talk :p jk jk

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Bit late but I'm in Olathe with VCDS... also an Mizzou grad so socal87 you can piss off with that rock chalk talk :p jk jk

Ich verstehe nur Baunhof. No idea what you're talking about, I'm a Seattle transplant with no connections to KU. Can't wait to leave this stupid ass college town, we are buying a house out in the country.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Ich verstehe nur Baunhof. No idea what you're talking about, I'm a Seattle transplant with no connections to KU. Can't wait to leave this stupid ass college town, we are buying a house out in the country.

I'm out in the sticks (Sedalia), and work in Riverside. Love the hour and 45 minute each way commute. LOL Moved there about a year ago from CO.

Anyone else a track addict?

Last edited:

dcpppf

Ready to race!

My bad I read your last message as you saying rock chalk (KU chant) and there's a rivalry between Mizzou and KU that stems back to the civil war. So was just poking fun thinking you were a jayhawk fan.

plenty of places to get land out in KS to throw a house on tho.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I was going to say we need to have a meetup after this COVID garbage passes but now it looks like I might be moving to ID in Feb.

I will be out at Heartland Park in Topeka the 24th and 25th with NASA Pro Racing if anyone else will be. I won't be taking the R as it needs tires and brakes at least before I track it again so that will be my winter project. I'll be taking the TTRS so that will be a blast.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
My bad I read your last message as you saying rock chalk (KU chant) and there's a rivalry between Mizzou and KU that stems back to the civil war. So was just poking fun thinking you were a jayhawk fan.

plenty of places to get land out in KS to throw a house on tho.

No, we literally live near Rock Chalk Park. That's the name of the park as well as the street we live on. Don't really give a shit about college sports, haha.

I love how cheap property is here. We are having a house built on the edge of a tiny town south of here.

GeicoGecko

New 2012 GTI owner here in Olathe, KS. Car is in great shape and has been well maintained.

It's pretty much stock although I did find an APR booklet in the glovebox that indicates it has a stage 1 tune (I called APR to confirm with the VIN). I've ordered the OBD-2 dongle so I can see what mode it's been in for the last 117K miles! (previous owner bought the car at 30K mikes and it now has 147K on the clock). Thankfully the previous owner was adamant about always putting in premium without ethanol or 93 from BP!

So far I'm impressed with the build quality. I've owned many makes of cars in my time but this is my first VW. Looking forward to the journey.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Welcome, nice to have another member in the KC area!! Manual or DSG? Color? Pics? LOL

Did you get any maintenance records or CARFAX with it?

APR should have been able to tell you which programs it has and maybe the order, does it have multiples or did they just buy a single file? If you want full support for the tune you'll have to visit a tuner and pay $100 to have them change the info to your contact info (they email if there's ever an upgrade or update, etc). Bob Hindson Racing is who I use in KC, MO, great guys, they did the TCU flash on the TTRS for me, about to do some serious maintenance on my 944, and possible get to do some boost diag on my R. lol That way you could definitely know which slots the programs are in, just in case the dongle ever doesn't work, good to know how to do it the old fashioned way. :)

I don't drive the R into the city often but if you see a white R with stickers plastered on the back window that's me. 👋

ce4

Ready to race!
Welcome @GeicoGecko !!! KC Area has been growing lately! if you didn't get a Carfax, let me know and i can see about getting one for your VIN.

@Thumper I think i might have seen you a few weeks back somewhere around 435 and State Line area.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
@Thumper I think i might have seen you a few weeks back somewhere around 435 and State Line area.

I'm usually on the north side. I take 50 up to 291/470 N to 70W and then through the 29/35/41/17 interchange of doom north to Riverside where I work.

Only time I'm down by State Line is if I'm going to the dealer or out to Micro Center which I have not done either in a while with the R. I'm always looking out for other VWs to see if they are enthusiasts though. I actually got a big thumbs up from a guy in a TTS a couple months back LOL