GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kansas City

ce4

Ready to race!
I'm usually on the north side. I take 50 up to 291/470 N to 70W and then through the 29/35/41/17 interchange of doom north to Riverside where I work.

Only time I'm down by State Line is if I'm going to the dealer or out to Micro Center which I have not done either in a while with the R. I'm always looking out for other VWs to see if they are enthusiasts though. I actually got a big thumbs up from a guy in a TTS a couple months back LOL
Oh so you must pass through lee's summit a bunch then huh? that's where i'm at.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Oh so you must pass through lee's summit a bunch then huh? that's where i'm at.

Yup, every weekday on my 96 mile each way commute. lol But I drive the A3 mostly and in winter the Touareg on snow days as I have snow tires for it. I am still wearing out the A/S tires on the R that the previous owner had so I only drive it occasionally now if the weather is dry. I'll be getting proper summers for it in Spring.

Hoping we'll be able to do a meet/cruise this summer and try to get back to life.

ce4

Ready to race!
Yup, every weekday on my 96 mile each way commute. lol But I drive the A3 mostly and in winter the Touareg on snow days as I have snow tires for it. I am still wearing out the A/S tires on the R that the previous owner had so I only drive it occasionally now if the weather is dry. I'll be getting proper summers for it in Spring.

Hoping we'll be able to do a meet/cruise this summer and try to get back to life.
DANG almost 200 mile commute every day?!?!
and i thought my 46 mile round trip was bad (ls to dtkc).

ya i'm hoping that things start turning for the better soon. would love to get back to regular meets. are you in any of the local groups? kch2o, kcdubs, kc hot hatches?

ce4

Ready to race!
Anyone ever notice that Menards is like harbor freight, crankedto 11?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
DANG almost 200 mile commute every day?!?!
and i thought my 46 mile round trip was bad (ls to dtkc).

Yeah, had no choice back in July found myself in a bad job situation after thinking I caught a break on a dream job. Turned into a nightmare and had to find something else FAST. It's not a long term plan to keep this commute, but still stuck with it for now. Still better than the nightmare I guess. Fuel costs going up with no end in sight plus maintenance costs (I use pretty much ALL of my cars to spread the mileage but still, it's 48,000 miles a year so they all run up on maintenance projects quick) are forcing me once again to have to find a new solution.

Anyone ever notice that Menards is like harbor freight, crankedto 11?

Yes, do you remember that old Circuit City commercial? The guy and his wife go into the store and she tells him to be good and then he runs down the aisle laughing, accidently knocking some stuff out of another customers hands in his rush to look at everything? lol

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
This thread is pretty slow...

For all you guys in the KC area, there's a FB group: KC Hot Hatches.

Had some hood rat try to fight me in Gardner on the 4th of July. Apparently he didn't like my driving. :/

Thumper

Autocross Champion
This thread is on life support. LOL

I burned FB to the ground like 12 years ago. Due me a favor, type "Hoe" into a post there. :)

We need to do a cruise, or you guys need to come out to Heartland for a track day in October. lol I've finally stopped commuting up there and have been slammed with track trips but things are slowing down a bit and would be cool to do a lunch/mini cruise/get together. There's an amazing pub off State Line with a good sized parking lot, Conroy's Public House. Go there almost everytime I'm in for service.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

fanuel01

Awesome, what color? Any mods to notice you by yet?
It’s black with dark tint and stock wheels but repainted dark grey. But I actually just sold it to my brother today and i’m getting a grey one tomorrow! I live near the Liberty area. First picture is the old one and second is the new one.

Attachments

• 65A01AAE-C818-4789-A8C2-40EFE9D563EC.jpeg
    65A01AAE-C818-4789-A8C2-40EFE9D563EC.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 80
  • D2DE54F6-B5D1-43B0-94FA-F3161A97A254.jpeg
    D2DE54F6-B5D1-43B0-94FA-F3161A97A254.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 76

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
I'm still around, we bought a house down in Wellsville. There's a guy on my street with a 550hp Focus RS.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone down in Wichita? My #4 rod left the chat yesterday, then I spotted this

Cwmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I got my CW 2011 GTI 6MT back in May. I believe I'm 2nd owner, bought it with 101k miles, has 106k on it now. It came with a CTS TB exhaust, new front sway bar, ES mount inserts, dieselgeek short shifter and intake, which I've replaced with an APR. A mechanic at work used to be a VW tech and says the timing cover has been taken off before, indicating the chain tensioner has most likely been replaced. It was also serviced religiously at Bud Brown VW. So whomever owned this before me took great care of it, and it's really clean inside and out. I wish I knew who it was to ask him questions, like if it's had a tune before. Anyways, love the car. Cheers.