GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kessy/Keyless Not Working On Driver Door Handle

JonnySommes

Last week the Kessy/keyless entry and lock suddenly stoped working on the driver side door in my 2011 GTI but it works perfectly fine on the passenger side. There isn't any malfunction error either. I replaced the fob battery, checked the wiring underneath the rear seats to make sure it was connected (it was), tried inserting the key into the manual lock while pressing unlock, lowering and closing the windows, etc. Nothing worked so I'm guessing it's the wiring in the handle itself. Anyone know how to access the wiring in the handle and or any other suggestions before digging through there?

Thanks!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Is there a fuse specific to that door? Checking fuses is super quick.

JonnySommes

There's a fuse for the Central locking for front doors but not specifically for driver's door. Is it worth replacing it even if the passenger is working?

JonnySommes

It was throwing B116B13 (Driver Exterior Door Handle Touch Sensor - Open Circuit) and B116F13 (Driver Access/Start System Antenna - Open Circuit). What made it strange was that he cleared the code and the Kessy was working fine on both doors but about 20 minutes later, the driver door wasn't working. Any suggestions? Thanks again

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I know how to remove the door handle but not sure how to access the wiring. Any suggestions?
Personally I'd start where the wiring loom bends/moves going from the door toward the interior of the car. Between that movement and potential for water intrusion a visual check of the wires there might yield something. otherwise you're left taking the interior door panel off to chase it towards the handle itself.