GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

km/h? Can't change

chucka

Ready to race!
I've looked everywhere on the mfd and can't find where to change it. And my consumption and distance is set to mph.

Everything is set to mph except the one thing.

Anybody else have this problem or a fix?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338553876.661141.jpg

Deaks2

Ready to race!
On mine it is in the settings...

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
I've looked everywhere on the mfd and can't find where to change it. And my consumption and distance is set to mph.

Everything is set to mph except the one thing.

Anybody else have this problem or a fix?
View attachment 21287

I know exactly what you mean, and while I could have missed something, I don't think there was an option for that specific readout. Someone please enlighten us.

chucka

Ready to race!
In this pic you can see where to turn it off and in by the checkmark but nowhere to change km to miles. I may swing by the dealer after work today and see what they say.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338562638.841170.jpg

chucka

Ready to race!
Uncheck that box for Alt Speed Display and you'll be fine. That's meant to comply with UK law (I think) that requires new cars to display speeds in both mph & kph.

When that box is checked you get that lovely kph readout at the bottom of your display.

that makes sense :thumbsup:

Jeremy1

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I Have never owned a car that only showed thier km or mph on the speedo. I know there is quite a difference between the two reading and it sure helps when crossing the border..

hello mr officer, why were you doing 43 mph in at 70 zone? uhhh my speedo says im doing 70 (km/h)

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Uncheck the box

But what if I want it to still be there but displaying MPH? Probably a VAGCOM job? Seems silly. There are few things I miss about my civic, but a digital speed readout is one of them.

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion
But what if I want it to still be there but displaying MPH? Probably a VAGCOM job? Seems silly. There are few things I miss about my civic, but a digital speed readout is one of them.

You can change the MFD to display the digital speed. It is larger than shown in the picture and takes up the whole middle section of the MFD. Don't think there's a way to show it small at the bottom like the km/h. Like someone else said, that was just designed to comply with legal requirements in other countries. I've never seen the option to display MP/H like that in vagcom, but then again I've never looked.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Yes European VW's have to show mph and kph but the speedo only has one scale so they show kph in the MFD.

Mine doesn't have Alt Speed Display checkbox.

I think there is a VCDS setting to show the larger mph display in the MFD.

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion

Using VCDS (aka VAGcom), if you change your Instruments coding (module 17) to RoW then your digital speedo will show kph (with me so far?).

THEN... if you enabled the Alt. Speed Display you would see mph at the bottom of the display (the opposite of what the OP complained about).

Does changing that affect anything else? Like mpg calculations and whatnot?

ARi1

Passed Driver's Ed
Is this the best way to get this done and does it change anything else as asked before ?

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
Does changing that affect anything else? Like mpg calculations and whatnot?

I would venture to say yes. If you are changing the ECU to think that you aren't in the states, chances are it won't calculate MPG, rather it will calculate KM/L etc.

GunsN

Hello, is it possible to change this scale to KM?
and how can I change it?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 693