GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kollin's 2012 VW Golf R

torga

Autocross Champion
Have you worked out the APR rotors yet? Was really, really considering getting them but ultimately went with StopTech high carbon blanks.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Your car is so damn pretty! Mine is an embarrassing, dirty disaster. 😅

Don't let it fool you, it was almost entirely repainted. And then paint corrected (minor) and ceramic coated ;)

Have you worked out the APR rotors yet? Was really, really considering getting them but ultimately went with StopTech high carbon blanks.

By worked out I'm guessing you mean really pushed them. Not quite, they went on right before we had FixxFest and since then it has been a mad dash through Black Friday, into the holidays. We're finally settling down now and my car is on stands cause of the dang plastic radiator support.

I'll be going back to Wookies in the Woods, and Alpine/Helen to get some mountain driving done in the spring. We are also sponsoring an entire series of Florida Road rallies through work that I'll be attending so I'll be able to get some spirited driving done then as well.

Other things I forgot to note:
I had to replace my lock carrier/radiator support/core support because my factory one had a nice-sized crack in it where it is meant to hold a lot of weight. I got an aftermarket one through amazon because the factory one was outrageous (like $500) for $80 shipped to my door and the fitment was very good. I had to transfer everything over to it (sensors) and set my own nutserts for the top sensors to bolt to because there was nothing there. All in all still better than paying for OEM in this case. Pic of that attached, left is OEM, right is the replacement.

Image from iOS (154).jpg
Image from iOS (153).jpg

I also had to replace my driver-side headlight support bracket, which was like $130 OEM, so I bought a $12 off carparts.com which I am not a fan of. Just installing it some of the plastic alignment tabs broke. I'm not too worried about that here since they are not integral pieces but I may end up going back and swapping to an OEM one just because that cheap part bothers me.

Car is on stands right now waiting to be buttoned back up on the front. @SoWalGTI was also kind enough to send me some AFS sensors to test out and see if that fixes my AFS issue so those will be getting thrown on before the weekend. Hoping to meet up with some buddies on Saturday for some photos.

All in all the car is coming together really well for my tastes. There are still some big changes I would like to make but overall supper happy :)

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Update - I got the car all back together and those pieces do not line up well with my bumper and headlight. So fitment to the car is good, but body panel fitment to the pieces themselves is not.

Lesson learned when it comes to body-specific stuff just go OEM the first time and save the money. I'll be picking up both OEM pieces, tossing these in the garbage, and getting to redo all the work. :)

Forgot to take the AFS sensors home over the weekend so haven't gotten to test anything yet.

Happy new year!

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Still here. Did not really touch the car in 2022 except I got new wheels and tires. Headliner is falling down and I really want to replace it with Alcantara. Might do it myself. Also I sold the TDI Jetta Wagon and bought a TDI Touareg with a (super sick factory interior color) cause I want to have the ability to start towing the car places. Got plans for it! I also bought a house that has been kind of a headahce. Also we finally moved shops and it's been incredible but also exhausting. Anyways here are some pics.

48EA5B59-03F2-490A-94CA-020FD30E5103 (1).JPG

View attachment IMG_4798 (1).jpg

IMG_4757.jpg

IMG_4726.jpg

IMG_4727.jpg