GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kollin's 2012 VW Golf R

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
My stuttering issue was some mild misfires due to bad plugs. Swapped em out and gapped them properly, and no further issues.

@BoostedVW11 https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/kollins-rabbit.303185/page-2
Scroll down a bit and you can see some shots. Don't have any on my phone since I got a new one, or you can creep through my Instagram.

Clean rabbit you had there, the exhaust note much better on a rabbit than on a gti/r lol

Did you transfer over the rear spoiler extension? Is it even interchangeable?

torga

Autocross Champion
That 5cyl smoothness is something else. Ever hear a titanium straight-piped TT-RS? It's heaven. Complete heaven. Only things I think sound better are an actual V10 (LFA had a godly exhaust note, and can't forget F1 engines), and 3- or 4-rotor Wankels.

torga

Autocross Champion
I've heard some pretty crazy ones, but not sure about titanium straight-piped. Guy back in Melbourne had a Mk3 TT-RS and was making 600hp, sounded ridiculous. My boss has got a Stage 2 RS3 that also sounds super good. LFA sounds amazing, I'm also a big fan of the flat 6-cylinders from Porsche.
I heard a WEC-spec Porsche RSR rip away from the pits and even with two layers of hearing protection it still split my head in half, easily the loudest car on the grid. I was in the pits - I was doing scrutineering. I was in the AF Corsa Ferrari garage, the Porsche GT RSR was to my left and the Toyota LMP1 team was to my right. The Astons also sounded wonderful.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I didn't and you can't. The rabbit spoilers are MUCH shorter than the GTI/R ones, otherwise I would have.
And yeah the sound is the only thing I really miss about the rabbit lol, its like a baby lambo
Bummer

Yeah they sound really nice even with just a catback

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Clutch started slipping last night. Big RIP. Decided to go with the South Bend | DXD Racing 2.0T FSI Clutch & Flywheel Kit Stage 2 Endurance based on some recommendations from co-workers, and based on how I drive. Figure while that's getting done I'll go ahead and get the dogbone insert knocked out. Probably gonna go with this one from 034. Also need a Haldex service, so will most likely scoop this kit and OEM fluid since that's what's recommended. Any other recommendations that I'm missing?

Guess the wagon will get some love for now while the R sits.

Edit: Also going to do a trans fluid flush, and probably throw in a short shifter.
Edit 2: Also going to be grabbing the
stainless steel clutch line from USP.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
I have APR's pendulum with the 034 inserts. I love the setup, but you gotta do the upper 034 mount, too. It's a revised design by them and that's the actual, complete kit (no idea why they don't sell them together as a kit). Without the upper mount, the lower mount is liable to bend a bit - they show graphics and explanations on the 034 website.

I'm still waiting to buy my new clutch - my OEM started slipping a couple of months ago. It's not awful, so I'm just careful for now. I was planning on spring but that might have to slip to summer because I'm planning an unexpected move. Very likely gonna go with DKM's MB Stage 2, but ideally I'd love their MS twin disk. But woo boy, that price tag.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Was just looking at that upper 034 mount actually. Might as well throw it on the list.
We just finished our unexpected move from one coast to another. Put a solid hold on everyone's (mine and my GFs) plans for a while, but now our cost of living is cheaper so that's nice. Just need to recover from moving costs and should be back on track for car/computer stuff.

torga

Autocross Champion
My COL is going to get more expensive ?
But that's okay, I'm not too happy where I live. There are perks, but they don't outweigh the cons.