GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
Okay, so in regards to the Roll Up/Down with Key. After checking the correct bit and byte, go into your MDI and make sure BOTH is selected. If not, only one side will roll down.

wrightwinger

All ice forms at below 32F, black ice included. It CAN stay after the air warms up if the roadway is still below freezing. Being from Chicago it would be very useful to me to know when the temp falls below freezing. My driving aproach changes when its possible ice is around. I drive more slowly and carefully with a softer touch on the brakes and gas. WHen I'm driving to work in the morning and the sun isn't up yet, knowing when the outside temperature drops below freezing is useful. Being in the Seattle area temps can change radically with changes in altitude, which happen just driving around in the area. Just driving in to work last week the outside temp varied from 39 to below freezing and back over the 18 miles to work.
An alarm at 33 or 34 would be useful. THis is my first car with an outside temp indicator and I find it vey useful this time of year. I just find that bonging at 39 F to be so high that it becomes a nuisance alarm that gets ignored.
The problem with the 39 degrees is alarm, is some of us live in actual winterland with a garage.

so its dark always when i drive for half the year.
my garage is warm.
so every single effen time i drive my car, its dark, my eyes just get adjusted to the road, i'm about a mile from home and DING BRIGHT LIGHTS COMING FROM THE DASH TO REMIND ME ITS WINTER AND TO KILL MY NIGHT VISION! meanwhile the ding has already made me think something is dreadfully wrong with the car.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I leave the house for half the year.

its actually anti-safety.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I agree its annoying. Maybe csn be coded. Never checked. And it does sound like a warning something is broken sound.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Completely agree. My car is garaged as well and I have to listen to than 39 degree "winter" ding quite often.

dlysergis

I just upgraded my HPFP in my mk6 Golf R. I was told by a shop that vag com could be used to set the car up for the upgraded pump. They are a custom tuning shop that doesn't use out of the box tunes. Is there any vag com modifications that can take place after an upgraded fuel pump is installed to take advantage of the extra fuel delivery? The car is already stage 2 with REVO. Has down pipe.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Former Honda Guy

Go Kart Newbie
I just upgraded my HPFP in my mk6 Golf R. I was told by a shop that vag com could be used to set the car up for the upgraded pump. They are a custom tuning shop that doesn't use out of the box tunes. Is there any vag com modifications that can take place after an upgraded fuel pump is installed to take advantage of the extra fuel delivery? The car is already stage 2 with REVO. Has down pipe.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I’m just curious because I haven’t used REVO, but why wouldn’t you use the 70% customer loyalty upgrade option? According to REVO’s site, their Stage 2+ software takes advantage of the upgraded HPFP. Unless my math is way off (and it might be), the upgrade would cost $180.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Hi,
Do you know the VCDS code/tweaks that activate the folding mirror to be closed by the remote key fob?

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Since updating to the APR 2.4 file, I no longer have a rev limiter while in neutral (6MT). It used to be around 4k RPM and can now rev to redline. I actually liked it when it had the 4k limiter in neutral. Is there a VCDS setting to change that back?

jay745

track sl00t
Since updating to the APR 2.4 file, I no longer have a rev limiter while in neutral (6MT). It used to be around 4k RPM and can now rev to redline. I actually liked it when it had the 4k limiter in neutral. Is there a VCDS setting to change that back?
No that's the tune itself that controls it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Messy

So I installed a Chinese android 9 head unit (50w×4) with 1ohm stable 1000w rms amp and 12" sub. The gain limit is 30 on the head unit. 30/30 is not where it should peak. I feel it should have another 10db before it starts to clip/distort.

Perhaps it's the cheap preouts from the head unit but I've heard of people long coding the 2v output to 4v?? Does anyone have an idea how make my gain louder without another amp or dsp?

gijoewoz

Ready to race!
Turn up the gain on the amp...

Am I missing something? Set the head unit to about 3/4 volume, and adjust the gain up on the amp.

Azizul2135

Hi guys, bought a cable with 17.1.3 software.
Manage to delete error and fault but i cannot do coding.
Is it because of the 17.1.3 software?

Mu81n

Hello all, a very useful thread. Does anyone know how to deactivate ‘alternative park position’ (APP/APS)for front wipers? This function is required to de-activate the wiper arms when replacing, adjusting wiper arms, or replacing J400 wiper motor. I checked in 09 central electrics module long coding, and could not find anything. I even checked in the sub system, ‘Wischer’, coding, but the byte’s only display bit numbers with no information. I have looked around google, I’m certain the functionality can be de-activated on byte 01, but, which bit is a mystery.

Date: 2019-12-01 23:31

VIN: WVWZZZ1KZAW419147
Car: Volkswagen Golf
Year: 2010
Body type: 5-dr hatchback
Engine: CFFB 103 kW (140 HP) 2.0 l
Mileage: 245930 KM