GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

chip1

Ready to race!
Two items -
1) Is there anyway to use the door lock to lock the doors after you get out or is remote only option?

2) after a few minutes of unlocking the doors all door relock but the drivers side door. Is there a way to change it to keep all doors unlocked?

derekg6121

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm hoping somebody has an answer for me. I've searched Central Electronics with VCDS, google, and forums.

I've coded both of my VWs, 2 door MK6 Golf and MK6 Jetta, for comfort windows via remote. When I close the windows with the remote on the Jetta, the turn signals/indicators flash once immediately after pressing the lock button and also once the windows are completely closed for confirmation. My Golf only flashes the indicators once when first pressing the lock button.

I would very much like to have this "windows closed confirmation" feature on the Golf.

goose1

Ready to race!
Perhaps its the control module as my GTI flashes with windows closed confirmation

sent via carrier potato

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
I'm hoping somebody has an answer for me. I've searched Central Electronics with VCDS, google, and forums.

I've coded both of my VWs, 2 door MK6 Golf and MK6 Jetta, for comfort windows via remote. When I close the windows with the remote on the Jetta, the turn signals/indicators flash once immediately after pressing the lock button and also once the windows are completely closed for confirmation. My Golf only flashes the indicators once when first pressing the lock button.

I would very much like to have this "windows closed confirmation" feature on the Golf.

Perhaps its the control module as my GTI flashes with windows closed confirmation

sent via carrier potato

Pretty sure mine does as well, but I'll have to double check tomorrow..

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
Wondering if anyone can help... I don't own a VCDS system but know someone who can help me out. I just need to figure out how to do something because we both have no idea.

Recently bought new tails and was trying to code them to swap them from LHD to RHD with no luck so set everything back to normal. However now the outside clusters don't light up when the side lights/full lights are switched on. The indicators work, amd they light up when I brake. They just don't work when the side lights are on but the 2 clusters on the boot work fine. Anyone know how I could solve this? Or where to go looking on VCDS for answers? Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Moretti

Ready to race!
What i'm doing wrong ? I want to have to lock/unlock confirm by Horn (via VagCom), but it doesn't work. Help ?

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I've had the emergency braking enabled on my car for a while, but I've never seen it happen. I stood outside while my dad drove it and braked, and it didn't come on. It was full braking from 80MPH. Does anyone else have an issue with it not working?

goose1

Ready to race!
I've had the emergency braking enabled on my car for a while, but I've never seen it happen. I stood outside while my dad drove it and braked, and it didn't come on. It was full braking from 80MPH. Does anyone else have an issue with it not working?

It works for me only ever activated when testing on a bad road with plenty of slip. If the abs isn't working at its maximum you won't get the lights.

sent via carrier potato

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
What i'm doing wrong ? I want to have to lock/unlock confirm by Horn (via VagCom), but it doesn't work. Help ?

Go into the MFD menu on the dash and uncheck the horn confirmation option... Vagcom just provides the option in the menu

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
It works for me only ever activated when testing on a bad road with plenty of slip. If the abs isn't working at its maximum you won't get the lights.

sent via carrier potato

Hmm... I guess I'll have to try again on a road that's a bit slipperier. Also if you have the box checked for the hazards to flash, do you have to turn those off after the emergency stop or does it just cancel when you start moving again like the brake lights?

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

The only time my hazards for emergency braking lights came on was when I braked from 30 mph in a snow storm and the ABS went crazy until I can to a stop. The hazards were flashing until I released the brakes.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Hmm... I guess I'll have to try again on a road that's a bit slipperier. Also if you have the box checked for the hazards to flash, do you have to turn those off after the emergency stop or does it just cancel when you start moving again like the brake lights?

If you don't come to a complete stop they will turn off by themselves as soon as you are moving again. If you brake to a complete stop they will stay on until you hit the hazard button to turn them off.

You don't need to be slipping for them to activate, but you do have to brake HARD. Like ABS is in overdrive hard.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
If you don't come to a complete stop they will turn off by themselves as soon as you are moving again. If you brake to a complete stop they will stay on until you hit the hazard button to turn them off.

You don't need to be slipping for them to activate, but you do have to brake HARD. Like ABS is in overdrive hard.

Okay, thanks! I think I'm just going to test it again. So technically I should be able to test it by braking hard and coming to a complete stop then seeing if the hazards come on, right? Or do the hazards and brake lights flash in different occasions?

trancethan

Cant sweep gauges.....booooooo!!

Part # didnt have a G. looked for celebration as well....still get "no code found' or something like that.

This sucks....this was the one feature I was hoping to get turned on

Last edited: