GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Since updating to the APR 2.4 file, I no longer have a rev limiter while in neutral (6MT). It used to be around 4k RPM and can now rev to redline. I actually liked it when it had the 4k limiter in neutral. Is there a VCDS setting to change that back?
No that's the tune itself that controls it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Messy

So I installed a Chinese android 9 head unit (50w×4) with 1ohm stable 1000w rms amp and 12" sub. The gain limit is 30 on the head unit. 30/30 is not where it should peak. I feel it should have another 10db before it starts to clip/distort.

Perhaps it's the cheap preouts from the head unit but I've heard of people long coding the 2v output to 4v?? Does anyone have an idea how make my gain louder without another amp or dsp?

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Turn up the gain on the amp...

Am I missing something? Set the head unit to about 3/4 volume, and adjust the gain up on the amp.

Azizul2135

Hi guys, bought a cable with 17.1.3 software.
Manage to delete error and fault but i cannot do coding.
Is it because of the 17.1.3 software?

Mu81n

Hello all, a very useful thread. Does anyone know how to deactivate ‘alternative park position’ (APP/APS)for front wipers? This function is required to de-activate the wiper arms when replacing, adjusting wiper arms, or replacing J400 wiper motor. I checked in 09 central electrics module long coding, and could not find anything. I even checked in the sub system, ‘Wischer’, coding, but the byte’s only display bit numbers with no information. I have looked around google, I’m certain the functionality can be de-activated on byte 01, but, which bit is a mystery.

Date: 2019-12-01 23:31

VIN: WVWZZZ1KZAW419147
Car: Volkswagen Golf
Year: 2010
Body type: 5-dr hatchback
Engine: CFFB 103 kW (140 HP) 2.0 l
Mileage: 245930 KM

Anyone has the coding to disabled headlight washers, I searched but couldn't find anything..

AZBlueGTI

Soundaktor: 17 lighting, adaptation, select "actuator for exterior sound" from the drop down menu.

I haven't tested it since mine is disconnected.

2stroke

I have been chipping away at a master list of popular VCDS tweaks for the MK-6 and I figured it'd be good to share them here.
Some of the the information below is my own discovery, but most of it has been scavenged from several threads across several forums.

The problem with every VCDS thread I've seen is that you have to dig through 10+ pages to see all the tweaks.
The information is usually often not provided in a standardized format, so people are not always clear on where to find stuff.
As new tweaks come are discovered, old threads are not updated.
Ross Tech has much of it on their site, but again, it does not contain all of the tweaks below.

My goals with this thread are to provide the data in a standardized format,
and to keep this first post update with all of the MK-6 VCDS tweaks added to the thread, as well as any others I discover or come across.
The hope is that people don't have dig through the whole thread to find what they are looking for.
I am also reserving the second post for VCDS retrofit coding.
I have not collected most of that data yet, but will begin filling in as time permits.

Lighting:
Coming Home Lights

Description: Coming home activation requires you to pull the high beam stalk back briefly after shutting the vehicle off and before exiting.
This will turn on your lights for a set period of time after you get out of the car.
After this is enabled, it can be turned on/off in the MFA, and you can adjust the time period.
Leaving home function requires an auto switch and light sensor.

Check bit 2 of byte 12 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper
Pic tutorial: Coming Home Lights

My car has the coming/leaving home function already installed and activated from the factory.
The problem is that it is the Xenon low beam that lights up.
(The fog light does not come on.)

❓ Is it possible to code with VCDS and change function so that it is the fog lights that are lit and the low beam not come on ? ❓

jedred1

jedred1