GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loki's Shadow Blue Tachikoma

little_loki

Ready to race!
:lol:

that reminds me of that new "Visit California" commercial where they play out all the cali stereotypes.

WHAT?! THEY DO!? oh geesh, we already get a hard enough time here with our stupid governer =\ oh jeesh.

hell yeah! your engine cover looks sick! i'll have to do the same :d

you should you should!!! ^.^

Alizzo

Ready to race!
For the red foot well lights, did you actually change the bulb out? Or did you put red tape over them?

little_loki

Ready to race!
For the red foot well lights, did you actually change the bulb out? Or did you put red tape over them?

i bought bulbs, but then was told that the red brake tape is a lot easier and its like $2 cheaper. It looks a little light but i think if i put another layer on it should look darker :)

i couldn't even begin to figure out how to change the damn bulbs =\

Alizzo

Ready to race!
i bought bulbs, but then was told that the red brake tape is a lot easier and its like $2 cheaper. It looks a little light but i think if i put another layer on it should look darker :)

i couldn't even begin to figure out how to change the damn bulbs =\

LOL. Yeah, that's why I asked. I read in another post that changing those bulbs is NOT an easy task at all. Red tape it is!!

Thanks for the info. And good work on your car, looks GREAT!

mortis

Ready to race!
My life sucks. Where are you people getting all this money for mods. I'm broke as hell and can't do crap to my GTI :(

little_loki

Ready to race!
My life sucks. Where are you people getting all this money for mods. I'm broke as hell and can't do crap to my GTI :(

hahaha, i don't have any money is the problem. I just happend to land this deal and scraped up the $200 for it :p And the rest are just like little $2-$3 dollar dealies like the spray paint for the cover, the brake tape for the lights and old zip ties layin around for the license plate lol.

I don't think i will be doing anything anytime soon........haha

P

plac

Turboback without a tune is really a bad idea, all show and no go. I might go so far as to say you will even lose noticable low end by running a turboback with no tune. Tune will cost half the price of a turbo back but give you 5X the power gains. 034 Motorsport in Fremont did mine, they are good with 2010/2011 //flashes.

little_loki

Ready to race!
Turboback without a tune is really a bad idea, all show and no go. I might go so far as to say you will even lose noticable low end by running a turboback with no tune. Tune will cost half the price of a turbo back but give you 5X the power gains. 034 Motorsport in Fremont did mine, they are good with 2010/2011 //flashes.

hmmm okay thanks for the info.
what does that do to the engine life though?

P

plac

hmmm okay thanks for the info.
what does that do to the engine life though?

i never heard of a GTI engine blowing from a stage 2 tune in my life so far. The turbo might get worn before the engine does. But we're talking 100k miles.. I dont know anyone that keeps a car that long. Maybe 5% of everyone here. I myself am hoping I can keep mine for 36k miles.. That would be the longest I have ever held onto a car. (I'm at about 3,750 miles now)

little_loki

Ready to race!
i never heard of a GTI engine blowing from a stage 2 tune in my life so far. The turbo might get worn before the engine does. But we're talking 100k miles.. I dont know anyone that keeps a car that long. Maybe 5% of everyone here. I myself am hoping I can keep mine for 36k miles.. That would be the longest I have ever held onto a car.

lol okay, well i am planning on keepin this baby for...a long long time.
Looks like i will be looking into that tune though :p

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion

damn plac you a cash money millionaire! haha i got 4k on the car right now. i want to keep it til AT LEAST 80k thats probably around the time i'll be done with payments anyway :smoking:

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
i never heard of a GTI engine blowing from a stage 2 tune in my life so far. The turbo might get worn before the engine does. But we're talking 100k miles.. I dont know anyone that keeps a car that long. Maybe 5% of everyone here. I myself am hoping I can keep mine for 36k miles.. That would be the longest I have ever held onto a car. (I'm at about 3,750 miles now)

I'm almost 10k on mine. Still debating how long should I keep it, it's not a lease and I financed for 5 years so I'll probably keep it until it runs out of warranty.