GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for a definitive spark plug guide - VW 2.0T applications

Hoosier Daddy1

Ready to race!
Hi guys,

haven't posted here in a while and I'm hoping to contribute more as time goes by. Long story short sold my Mk6 GTi, hopped into a M140i and found it not to my taste and I'm now in a BT 6R :23:

So, time has come for spark plugs and I thought myself pretty well versed until a few days ago. On the 6 I used NGK's Iridium's in both 7 and 8 heat ranges and they worked a treat (stuck to the 8's) - BKR8EIX gapped to 0.6mm

The R currently still has the stock plugs :yikes: BCPR7EIX-11, which I shudder to believe is my doing. I've been told the quality of NGK's Iridium 8's have dropped significantly and that's a big point for me.

The car makes around 500whp in kill mode so some guys referred me to PFR7S8EG plugs, which are platinum (and I realise meth and platinum don't make a great combo) but that's what I see some guys using.

Long story short, I need recommendations. Thanks :attention_whore:

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I'm not trying to shut down discussion, but a bunch of guys on the internet don't know better than the pros who build the cars and the software.

The answer to "what plugs should I run?" is always 'OEM' if you're stock or 'ask your tuner' if you're not.

Hoosier Daddy1

Ready to race!
I'm not trying to shut down discussion, but a bunch of guys on the internet don't know better than the pros who build the cars and the software.

The answer to "what plugs should I run?" is always 'OEM' if you're stock or 'ask your tuner' if you're not.

I get you, but I assume bunch of enthusiasts who have researched and tested over the years also have valuable input. Because I've had plugs go wrong and some go very right from tuner advice.

Just want to get a lay of the land, anyways the BKR's have been my choice in my K04 Mk6 and now the R, just takes about 5km to warm up

Fast-R

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a BT 6R and I've had great success with APR's recommended spark plug set-up of NGK BKR8EIX, gapped to 0.022" ±0.002"