GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for rear sway bar bushings

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
I'm looking for replacement sway bar bushings for my rear APR sway bar. I think it's 27mm in diameter. I've contacted APR and they don't have any. Does anyone know where I can find some?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Check out MOOG.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I find it hard to believe Hotchkis doesn't sell the bushings or at least point you in the direction of where to buy. Try asking again; maybe whoever you spoke to didn't know what they were talking about.

If you're looking for another option, I am running energy suspension universal replacement poly bushings and brackets for my rear sway bar. Part # 9.5162 will work for you. I'm running their 23mm version with my Eibach rear sway bar.

I have some pictures of the energy suspension bushings in post #183 of my build thread. There's some more pictures of the bushings mounted up at the bottom of post #184.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I find it hard to believe Hotchkis doesn't sell the bushings or at least point you in the direction of where to buy. Try asking again; maybe whoever you spoke to didn't know what they were talking about.

If you're looking for another option, I am running energy suspension universal replacement poly bushings and brackets for my rear sway bar. Part # 9.5162 will work for you. I'm running their 23mm version with my Eibach rear sway bar.

I have some pictures of the energy suspension bushings in post #183 of my build thread. There's some more pictures of the bushings mounted up at the bottom of post #184.

Thanks Tony!
Is the Eibach RSB solid or hollow, if solid we may go that route as well; over the years the hollow Hotchkis RSB has not faired well in the Canadian winters, the paint flakes off and the metal starts to rust, so a solid bar in 23mm would be good replacement.:thumbsup: and equal or close to the 27mm hollow in spring rate.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Tony!
Is the Eibach RSB solid or hollow, if solid we may go that route as well; over the years the hollow Hotchkis RSB has not faired well in the Canadian winters, the paint flakes off and the metal starts to rust, so a solid bar in 23mm would be good replacement.:thumbsup: and equal or close to the 27mm hollow in spring rate.
The Eibach RSB is solid and the coating on it seems like good quality. I think it will hold up for you.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion

Tony, thanks a bunch. I ended up getting these off Amazon prime. $22 bucks shipped and they'll be here tomorrow.

Yea I didn't bother trying hotchkis again as I've contacted them multiple times with no reply

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

ahard48

Ready to race!
Tony, thanks a bunch. I ended up getting these off Amazon prime. $22 bucks shipped and they'll be here tomorrow.

Yea I didn't bother trying hotchkis again as I've contacted them multiple times with no reply

Let me know how it goes as I am in the same boat with my APR rear sway.