GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking to buy vag-com

Kickerdank

I will be taking logs and such because my 2003 1.8T Passat is giving me problems and my 2011 GTI has an APR stage 2 cold air intake. I'm wanting to use it to tweak and observe the engine of both cars. It gives a more in-depth look at your engine than OBD2 does correct? Like will I be able to observe my Boost you see if there is a leak? Also will it be able to detect if the GTI has already had a tune applied to it etc.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I will be taking logs and such because my 2003 1.8T Passat is giving me problems and my 2011 GTI has an APR stage 2 cold air intake. I'm wanting to use it to tweak and observe the engine of both cars. It gives a more in-depth look at your engine than OBD2 does correct? Like will I be able to observe my Boost you see if there is a leak? Also will it be able to detect if the GTI has already had a tune applied to it etc.
The micro can is going to be able to do everything you want (and much more) for those two cars. It's also much cheaper than the hex is. You can also determine whether there is a tune currently on the engine through indirect means. I'm not sure if there's a way to tell if it's ever been tuned.

Kickerdank

Cool thanks for the info any recommendations on where to get one? I checked the marketplace here but haven't gotten a reply

GolNat

Autocross Champion
3rd Gear Boost Log.JPG

An example. This is from OBD11 but Vagcom does the same and probably with a higher sample rate.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion