GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Curious on what intake set ups people are running with this ic? Finally got mine thrown in and even though we shaved the fin on the stock box, it’s way too close to the coolant hose for comfort. I have no problem pulling the trigger on the matching mst box as I already have the hose and inlet but I don’t know if it’ll even work.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Curious on what intake set ups people are running with this ic? Finally got mine thrown in and even though we shaved the fin on the stock box, it’s way too close to the coolant hose for comfort. I have no problem pulling the trigger on the matching mst box as I already have the hose and inlet but I don’t know if it’ll even work.
AFE which mounts ontop the stock airbox with a pod filter. No issues.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I will say I had one of the supplied silicon hoses blow off on the highway. I suggest using the OEM hoses with hairspray.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I have the AFE intake as well and I really like it. The fact that it uses the stock lower airbox pretty much guarantees fitment with this large IC.

20210517_185153.jpg

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
^^^ same.

Attachments

• 189B89FC-82E2-4CE7-A071-3A239FC868C4.png
    189B89FC-82E2-4CE7-A071-3A239FC868C4.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 107

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have the AFE intake as well and I really like it. The fact that it uses the stock lower airbox pretty much guarantees fitment with this large IC.

View attachment 216549
Same one I have. The problem is that it pulls so much under hood heat which hurts performance in warmer weather. You can reduce the inlet air temperature considerably by getting the ECS air inlet or removing the snow grate.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...l-air-inlet-duct-matte-textured/005082la01kt/

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You can do this for free with a dremel and cut open the stock piece
That's why I said remove the snow grate in the post you quoted. But even doing that won't direct 100% of the air directly to the filter like the ECS dual air inlet does.

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie

Attachments

• EEA88FEB-EE7F-4893-8D35-E903E9B92DAB.jpeg
    EEA88FEB-EE7F-4893-8D35-E903E9B92DAB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 142
  • 0598D3CE-CF14-4FF5-B012-E77B28CBB77A.jpeg
    0598D3CE-CF14-4FF5-B012-E77B28CBB77A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
  • 817BB578-DAAC-41B1-9388-CDE8AD5EE419.jpeg
    817BB578-DAAC-41B1-9388-CDE8AD5EE419.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 127

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I have a manual. Do not have that problem:

Attachments

• C762F1C5-5BA6-4CB4-AC98-36178F99F287.jpeg
    C762F1C5-5BA6-4CB4-AC98-36178F99F287.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 117

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Last edited:

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Took this Majesty IC to the track (bar&plate, silver) after using the ARM FMIC a few times. Quick comments:

1) Unless you have hood louvers, don't use the intake block off plate because the high engine temps heat soak the IC without any place for the heat to escape the engine bay. I took on/off the intake plate and the differences were immediately apparent on track so keep the engine bay side of the intake open unless you have louvers to evacuate the engine bay heat separately. It is ok to mix the hot engine bay air with outside cooler air this came out of the factory in that way. Also once I took off the plate, after sessions my car engine bay was much cooler since the stagnant heat was being evacuated out through the intake.

2) My driver's side boost hose into the IC intake that came with the kit was severely kinked after install on my '16 DSG GTI as the hose itself is too long on the IC intake and pressed tightly against the DSG black housing. I trimmed back the silicone hose on the IC intake side a good 1cm and now the hose fits cleanly without pressing against the DSG housing. Due to this, I also immediately saw improvements in intake temps. Might not be an issue on manual cars but make sure there aren't any kinks in your hoses.

Before 1+2, during a track day I was consistently around 120-130 IAT on a 85f day which is bad and I attributed it all to engine bay heat soaking. Once I removed the plastic OEM+ block off plate and trimmed back my kinked boost hose to fit nicely, IATs now drop to about 10-15 above ambient on a WOT pull and definitely made me feel relief that I didn't make a mistake with this IC. I think adding hood louvers and the plastic block off piece, it would be a very solid solution.

Last edited:

Petethegrk

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 golf r
Just installed the majasty intercooler 💪🏻. On my mk7 golf r. Tight fitment found that the upper radiator hose hits the APR intake I have . Any one have this issue with an aftermarket intake ?. What eles can I use ?

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Just installed the majasty intercooler 💪🏻. On my mk7 golf r. Tight fitment found that the upper radiator hose hits the APR intake I have . Any one have this issue with an aftermarket intake ?. What eles can I use ?
A few posts up I had wrote about having the same issue. I rigged an intake up so it’s clear 🤷‍♂️