GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Malone stage 2 TDI tune with stock exhaust?

Bababoooey

I’m considering a Malone stage 2 tune for my 2013 Golf TDI. I have to keep my cat and emission equipment as we do have emissions testing here (Denver). Is it still worth doing the tune? I’m looking for more power/economy. I just didn’t know if there’d be a significant improvement in performance/economy given that I have to keep everything else in tact. Thanks.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Yes, going stage 2 brings very nice power upgrade and you do not have to remove any emissions equipment to take advantage of it. They do recommend a tune for your trans if you have an automatic but it is not required. If you order their flash tool you can install the tune yourself. I did so for my Audi.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I purchased a stage 1 tune from Kerma TDI. Keeps all factory emissions intact and even passed the AZ emissions test without having to flash back to the stock tune.
KermaTDI Q-PRO+ TDI Tuning for 2009-2014 Jetta, Golf, Beetle, Sportwagen (+34whp & +95lb-ft)
They even give an option for an upgrade to gauges or info in the stock gauge cluster that will give you boost pressure and other live engine data.
Polar FIS Advanced Dashboard Display (kermatdi.com)
Just an FYI the Malone Stage 2 tune passed Caifornia smog Nov 2021 with no issue, no flashback to stock.