GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Marty's very small CW Golf build

martymim

Ready to race!
Hi, this is the build page for my car.
This is going to be a very small build, because of the size of the engine, my age and where I live it will not be about performance and more leaned towards cosmetic. This is my first car and I love it. :thumbup:

Got my car new on the 14th of November 2011. The car come with a Kenwood DD Head Unit, 17" vision alloys and mudflaps

This is the Car the day I got it.

Current Mods

Debadged "Golf" emblem
Tinted Windows
Golf R Tinted LED's
Plastidiped emblems
White LED licence lights
R Bi-xenon head lights
Staggered 0.06 3SDM
FK AK Street coilovers

Thanks for Reading I'll try to up-date it when I can.

Last edited:

martymim

Ready to race!
Here is a picture of the Kenwood Head Unit.

IMG_1036 by Martymim, on Flickr

Here is a picture of the tint. It's not the darkest tint ever but I think if you go pure black it looks cheap. IMHO. It's alot darker at night.

IMG_1039 by Martymim, on Flickr

The next mod I got was the R LED rear lights form Ed. This mod is my favorite so far, I think it changes the whole look of the rear.

Below is a before and after

IMG_1126 by Martymim, on Flickr

IMG_1127 by Martymim, on Flickr

Next was the Plastidip. I seen a couple of people doing this so I thought I would give it a go. I really wanted the black emblem look but I didn't want to paint it because when I am selling the car I dont want to replace them. So Plastidip was my answer if I didn't like it i could pull it off.
Here is a quick tutorial.

I started by covering the rear with binbags and maskin tape.

IMG_1181 by Martymim, on Flickr

Then I sprayed the emblem, I give it three lite coats leaving 30mins in between each coat to let it dry.

IMG_1182 by Martymim, on Flickr

I left it about an hour to dry then I just pealed of the excess dip and it now looks like this.

IMG_1179 by Martymim, on Flickr

I repeated this technique for the front grill. I couldn't be bothered removing the grill so I sprayed the whole thing black.

IMG_1184 by Martymim, on Flickr

IMG_1196 by Martymim, on Flickr

Got a Rep Spoiler

I bought R20 head lights from Vacar:

559735_550446651655252_1078001228_n by Martymim, on Flickr

IMG_1574 by Martymim, on Flickr

Last edited:

martymim

Ready to race!
Well wear Marty.

Take your time and enjoy modding - it's addictive :)

Talk about it lad I would if never thought I would be doing any of this, and now im ordering lowering springs in the near future.
The internet is a bad influence :laugh:
How did the long weekend treat you? 5 day rip? LOL

Sand

Ready to race!
Hey marty, love the car! How do you like the rhd vacar headlights? Im thinking of doing it too. Any problems with police because of the xenons?

martymim

Ready to race!
Sorry lad just seen your comment :/
Thanks lad iv kept an eye on yours for a while now. The lights are great I have the 5000K HID's so there pure white, I have never had any problem with the police or people flashing me. Most people round here dont know I changed any thing :D

Sand

Ready to race!
Just noticed your reply, not to mention I forgot I posted in the firsr place. Im definitely picking up a set but cant find where to get them atm. Also how much was your customs charge (assuming you got them from china or something) thats one of the things that is making me hesitant. Dont want to fork out half the price of the lights in customs charges

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sand

Ready to race!
Bro thats great news. Ill definitely be picking a set up soon. Going for the R style non led version though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Cheers Mate! She looks Brilliant!

martymim

Ready to race!
Bro thats great news. Ill definitely be picking a set up soon. Going for the R style non led version though

Nice one lad post up a pic when you get them.

Cheers Mate! She looks Brilliant!

Thanks lad :D, still really stock but getting there

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Paging Gunkata to the courtesy phone...

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
I wantz your front bumper! Lol I love the bumper you guys get. Here in America we get stupid side markers.