GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MASTER CLUTCH APPLICATION GUIDE - WHAT DO WE REALLY NEED?

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Finally made the purchase.

After a much long debate and related product research. I'll soon be joining the CM FX350 w/ smf list in January.

Last edited:

jspirate

Ready to race!
Just providing an update. I have 2700+ miles on my Southbend Stage 2 Daily clutch. I am K04'd and don't daily my car. When it leaves my garage, it is driven at 110%. I have had no slippage anywhere including full boost at less than 30 degrees in 6th gear. I do have some gear lash on decel that I can notice now that the windows stay up (winter), but when I try to point it out to my buddies they don't seem to make a connection relative to how it was OEM. I can hear it though.

The verdict is still out, but its solid for now.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
I have a scheduled install date of December 30th at RSW in Jersey. I will repost again once installed so i can be added to the list. Happy holidays to everyone and their families!

1stEuroRide

Ready to race!
Got my RSR in this morning, just put about 80 miles on it. This thing grabs like a beast! Very impressed

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
Just providing an update. I have 2700+ miles on my Southbend Stage 2 Daily clutch. I am K04'd and don't daily my car. When it leaves my garage, it is driven at 110%. I have had no slippage anywhere including full boost at less than 30 degrees in 6th gear. I do have some gear lash on decel that I can notice now that the windows stay up (winter), but when I try to point it out to my buddies they don't seem to make a connection relative to how it was OEM. I can hear it though.

The verdict is still out, but its solid for now.

Worth noting, im also running a dxd stg2 daily and its still holding stage 3+ power. For how much longer idk, but its still holding. Its plenty for ko4 use :thumup: btw, it has 20k+ on it, has been there for stg2, ko4 and 3+

kern417

Go Kart Champion
if my fx350 holds big turbo power i'll be pretty happy. i was reading that a lot of golfmkv guys are getting away with big power on less aggresive clutches due to tuning. with a smooth torque onset you're less likely to slip vs a big spike at 3.5k.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!

Add me to the fx350 with smf! Will report with updates periodically.
How many miles did you fx350 owners do break in for? I'm thinking 1000 miles. Please correct me if you have any recommendations. Thanks! Happy new year to everyone and they're families!

Last edited:

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
Worth noting, im also running a dxd stg2 daily and its still holding stage 3+ power. For how much longer idk, but its still holding. Its plenty for ko4 use :thumup: btw, it has 20k+ on it, has been there for stg2, ko4 and 3+

thats good to hear. this is the revised or original sb kit?

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
If youre still adding people to the list Hyde you can put me under SB stg2 daily silent.

250 miles... still breaking it in.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
1100 mile update: Switched on the tune. Clutch engages strong on each shift, almost feels like when i used to shift my STi and the rear diff would smack around.

Went wide open throttle while in second gear at around 30mph and broke the front wheels loose. Only tire slip and no clutch slip!

Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth @ WOT = no slip.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
just wait until summer when you can run some stickier tires and hook 2nd too :thumbsup:

I know and with summer comes the heat soak. Lol.
Hey kern, how many miles do you have on your 350?