GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

master water/meth discussion thread

Trike

Hoping someone can help me out. I just recently enabled the failsafe on my Aquamist HFS4 and I'm getting a CEL without even triggering the failsafe. It happens on the 2nd start up after clearing the CEL. When I turn the Aquamist off to enable the failsafe, its working as expected, I'm only seeing about 7-8psi on my boost gauge. I have the jumper setup on the Aquamist controller (DR1) to prevent CEL, but it's not working as expected. Other than the CEL, the system is working great.

Anyone have any ideas on what to look at?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I would go k04 first, tune for that solely on pump gas only then install w/m kit and revise the tune for it. If your staying stock turbo 1 nozzle post IC is all you need for cooling, really no need for dpi tbh. FYI, im big turbo tuned for meth and dont even have dpi (tho that is deff the way to go), shit works fine.
x2 on getting your K04 done first.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Ok I'm leaning towards a 2 nozzle system now since multiple people have told me the dpi is overkill. So I think I'll go with 1 in a throttle body plate and one right after the IC. I'll drill into the stock pipe and tap it for the pre tb spray.

I'm looking at a snow 210 stg2 kit at the moment.

Gonna see if I can use a Uni 100oct map and go from there
2 Snow system with a controller and 2 nozzle system as you describe is what I ran with my K04 setup. Worked fantastic. Ran it daily for 4 years on a 100oct tune with 91 in the tank.

After 4 years looked at my valves and they were just as carboned up as other cars not running w/m. It didn't do anything to keep valves cleaner. I think if I had been injecting gasoline instead of w/m they might have been cleaner.

DPI is great when you want to go a much higher flowing turbo than the K04 AND you still want to use it as a fuel. If I do it again I would just go with E85 and use it just for cooling.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
For anyone that may be looking into a meth setup, I am going to be selling my CM5-LT when I get home in November. I'm going a different route so I don't need it anymore.

Trike

Hoping someone can help me out. I just recently enabled the failsafe on my Aquamist HFS4 and I'm getting a CEL without even triggering the failsafe. It happens on the 2nd start up after clearing the CEL. When I turn the Aquamist off to enable the failsafe, its working as expected, I'm only seeing about 7-8psi on my boost gauge. I have the jumper setup on the Aquamist controller (DR1) to prevent CEL, but it's not working as expected. Other than the CEL, the system is working great.

Anyone have any ideas on what to look at?

Just wanted to check back in and say I'm pretty sure I fixed it. The Aquamist wasn't getting power during pre-crank. I re-wired it where power stays on during cranking. Haven't had a CEL come on yet after a handful of startups.

vw62rag

i got a 2011 gti k04, im installing the aem wmi system and would really like to run the boostsafe aka green wire as a failsafe.
has anyone here used this? and if so how did you use it ? where did you hook it up or splice it into. any help would be awesome. thanks

butthead123

Ready to race!
anyone experience issues with the snow vc50 progressive controller that also acts as a boost gauge? They seem to not handle in-cabin heat very well and would be curious to hear if anyone have experienced this