GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Matt's Mk6 GTI

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I'm hoping to get it done tomorrow because I have other stuff going on on Saturday but I'll definitely let you guys know.

And the neighbor has insurance so they're paying for it, but he did buy me a 12 pack of IPA to help ease the pain a little lol admittedly, it worked

totally understandable, do what you gotta do. besides, at your rate you will be doing something new in a week anyway, so I can help then. hehehe.

glad to hear your neighbor is a stand up chap and dealing with the issue. beer is a good step in the right direction.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
totally understandable, do what you gotta do. besides, at your rate you will be doing something new in a week anyway, so I can help then. hehehe.

glad to hear your neighbor is a stand up chap and dealing with the issue. beer is a good step in the right direction.

Lol very true unfortunately, I love breaking things

And I wish I could say he was that civil from the beginning, because he initially tried to insist it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't parked in front of his house.. even though it's a public street and I was parked half in front of his, and half in front of mine. Inevitably you have no one to blame but yourself when you hit an unoccupied parked car lol so I think he finally realized it

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Lol very true unfortunately, I love breaking things

And I wish I could say he was that civil from the beginning, because he initially tried to insist it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't parked in front of his house.. even though it's a public street and I was parked half in front of his, and half in front of mine. Inevitably you have no one to blame but yourself when you hit an unoccupied parked car lol so I think he finally realized it

ha, yeah, that.. and we know where he lives. :paddle:
regardless, sounds like he manned up. :thumbsup:

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Got my new oil pan installed on Saturday but while my car was up on the lift, the rear bags popped out of place and I ended up blowing one when I subsequently drove it without realizing. So I've got a new Air Lift double bellow rear kit coming to replace my SS-5's and I'll definitely be running nutserts this time. I'm also now considering a skid plate due to the pics below lol

Old:

New:

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
btw, not to try and get you to spend more money... but I absolutely LOVE my new HPA puck. it makes manual soooooo much more fun. just amazing how much it improves the ride quality.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
btw, not to try and get you to spend more money... but I absolutely LOVE my new HPA puck. it makes manual soooooo much more fun. just amazing how much it improves the ride quality.

Lol I've been meaning to grab one of those for a while now but it's good to hear I have something to look forward to. I'm hoping to pick up the Neuspeed insert along with a rear sway next month

Did your neighbour just not see your car because you were aired out?

No he didn't see it because he doesn't pay attention when he parks. I'm sure being aired out didn't help though haha but regardless I'm getting a free respray out of it so I can't complain too much

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
I got some goodies in the mail today. Took advantage of the Chemical Guys spring sale and installed new Air Lift rear bags since I blew one last week. Let this be a lesson to anyone not running nutserts:

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure this Air Lift kit was meant to work with the IDF lower control arms I have so I might be putting the stock arms back in this weekend. If anyone has any input it'd be really helpful but so far how I have them installed looks a little sketch, though I could be wrong. I still need to cut the brackets down before I can even air it out

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Amazing build man!! Hopefully you get those ind-t's! After seeing that bag blow i need to find out if i have nutserts. Thats scary as shit

Yea man it was gnarly and I've subsequently changed out the entire rear setup, feels really solid now though. Availability on the TMB and IND-T looks like April so I'm trying to stay patient but I'm crazy anxious to get a real set of wheels on

Last edited:

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Got the rears changed out and dialed in last night. I ended up putting the stock arms back in with shortened brackets and nutserts installed. It doesn't look quite as nice without the IDF arms but it goes just as low and I get even more lift now.

Also finally got around to cutting the caps/hats off my strut towers, which now allows me to make camber adjustments on the fly

End result: euphoria.

Last edited:

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Got the rears changed out and dialed in last night. I ended up putting the stock arms back in with shortened brackets and nutserts installed. It doesn't look quite as nice without the IDF arms but it goes just as low and I get even more lift now.

Also finally got around to cutting the caps/hats off my strut towers, which now allows me to make camber adjustments on the fly

End result: euphoria.

Camber changes on the fly thats awesome!! Your as impatient as iam lmfao. Awesome build man! You gonna do wuste this year?

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Camber changes on the fly thats awesome!! Your as impatient as iam lmfao. Awesome build man! You gonna do wuste this year?

My car was down for a week and it was a week too long lol

Yea man I'm planning on the WET show later this month and then Fastivus and Wuste in May. Just gotta get wheels on and I'm set!

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
My car was down for a week and it was a week too long lol

Yea man I'm planning on the WET show later this month and then Fastivus and Wuste in May. Just gotta get wheels on and I'm set!
Fuck i know what you mean, My car is going to the shop soon "/
Ill see you there for sure then! Wish i could go to the rest of the shows but with a family and work its tough