GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MFD LCD faded/dim. What do I do?

Red888

Hey guys. Anyone had this issue where your cluster MFD is dim/faded? I’m not sure what to do. Changing the cluster is my last resort but I do like the idea of changing to the digital cluster. Is there any cheaper alternative like changing the LCD?

Attachments

• EDC90345-E25F-401B-9C8F-E550CF1855FE.jpeg
    EDC90345-E25F-401B-9C8F-E550CF1855FE.jpeg
    557.4 KB · Views: 74

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Disconnect, reconnect the battery terminal negative cable and see if it changes anything

Last edited:

Red888

Okay guys, As promised, I’ve made the purchase of the DD & installed it right away. Installation was pretty easy. The tricky part was transferring the motherboard from the oem cluster to the new cluster. Everything else plugs right on. Sorry I didn’t took any photos of the process. Got too excited for the install. Here are a few photos of how it looks like.

Overall, my personal review of the DD is worth it, if you need a cluster replacement. It cost me $550USD shipped to my country, which is half the price of an OEM cluster from where I’m from. Comes with a year warranty. A buddy of mine has been running the same digital cluster ever since it was out (close to 2 years) with no issue.
It doesn’t lag but it does have certain technical glitch such as random mild blinking of dash lights. But it rarely happens.
The rpm needle doesn’t shift up & down as fast as the analogs but it doesn’t bother me much.
There’s a minor image cut on the left side of the lcd on certain settings display of the speed & rpm. The main factor that I love about the cluster is the screen mirroring of phone to cluster where I can see the navigation app on the cluster screen itself. If you guys need more details of the DD, I’m more than happy to help out.

Don’t mind the messy steering column, haven’t had the chance to reposition the gauges.

Attachments

• 32D2B669-D4B0-47E8-BC23-DA2973C64C79.jpeg
    32D2B669-D4B0-47E8-BC23-DA2973C64C79.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
  • 3E4B8AD3-78A0-492B-90E1-B8C9E60B2A34.jpeg
    3E4B8AD3-78A0-492B-90E1-B8C9E60B2A34.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • 2C252133-A9EA-4459-A80B-774E455A1B1F.jpeg
    2C252133-A9EA-4459-A80B-774E455A1B1F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 90

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Damnnnnnn looks nice bud. Feelin brand new!!!!!

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Okay guys, As promised, I’ve made the purchase of the DD & installed it right away. Installation was pretty easy. The tricky part was transferring the motherboard from the oem cluster to the new cluster. Everything else plugs right on. Sorry I didn’t took any photos of the process. Got too excited for the install. Here are a few photos of how it looks like.

Overall, my personal review of the DD is worth it, if you need a cluster replacement. It cost me $550USD shipped to my country, which is half the price of an OEM cluster from where I’m from. Comes with a year warranty. A buddy of mine has been running the same digital cluster ever since it was out (close to 2 years) with no issue.
It doesn’t lag but it does have certain technical glitch such as random mild blinking of dash lights. But it rarely happens.
The rpm needle doesn’t shift up & down as fast as the analogs but it doesn’t bother me much.
There’s a minor image cut on the left side of the lcd on certain settings display of the speed & rpm. The main factor that I love about the cluster is the screen mirroring of phone to cluster where I can see the navigation app on the cluster screen itself. If you guys need more details of the DD, I’m more than happy to help out.

Don’t mind the messy steering column, haven’t had the chance to reposition the gauges.

thats awesome

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!

Can you please share where you purchased it from for 550usd?