GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

might be going from gti to 19 gli 35thanniversary

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
so i found a 2019 gli s 35th anniversary edition manual that i like, almost as much as a new gti
i have a 2015 gti s, has anyone switched back and forth?
or if anyone has reasons not to switch that i cant think of pls let me know
thanks

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Not sure how the new GLIs fair against GTIs. Previous gen GLI’s driving dynamics was no where near to that of MK7 GTIs.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
The current generation is based on the same MQB platform and has the same engine/gearbox and performance pack as the MK7 GTi.
yeah i just looked , same motors and stuff, and only weighs 36 more lbs, but wheel base is abit bigger i think, but you can stiffen suspension apparently with a button, i dunno awfully tempting,

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
yeah i just looked , same motors and stuff, and only weighs 36 more lbs, but wheel base is abit bigger i think, but you can stiffen suspension apparently with a button, i dunno awfully tempting,

Plus it's a sleeper. Unsuspecting people don't expect it to be fast.

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
I will always be a GTI guy but the GLI’s have been nice looking cars and the newer ones are too. Plus you don’t see as many driving around. I’d be happy to own one

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
From the reviews I've read, the new GLI performs as well as the GTI handling wise and straight line, so I'd get the one you like the most.

GLI is a compelling package, but that's a face only a mother could love.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Chiming in after getting a GLI as a dealer loaner recently when my car was in for some warranty work. I was INSANELY impressed. It's a GTI sedan. Can't go wrong.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I am yet to see GTI owners switching to GLIs even though the current one shares the underpinnings and that might be for a reason.

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
I am yet to see GTI owners switching to GLIs even though the current one shares the underpinnings and that might be for a reason.

I think the reason being one prefers hatchback over sedan. Difference in size. Otherwise, they are the same everything. It's only 35lb heavier, even though the GLI has more space inside (and vented seats!).

I think it's a good car, but I definitely prefer the GTI looks/hatch.

2019+ GLI is nothing like the previous model years. It really is a GTI in sedan form.