GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mirror Adjustment Switch Issue

fisnik

Passed Driver's Ed
2010 2.5L Golf

The mirror adjustment switch won't move mirrors down. All other directions work: left, right, and up but down doesn't do anything. Both sides, driver and passenger. VCDS shows the below error code. Could it be just the switch? I don't want to buy a new one if the issue is something else. Appreciate any input!

01340 - Mirror Adjustment Switch
008 - Implausible Signal

stefke1974

Seems a faulty switch

I think you will have to replace it

Do you feel pressure when you move the switch down?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

fisnik

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems a faulty switch

I think you will have to replace it

Do you feel pressure when you move the switch down?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Hmmmm not sure what you mean by pressure. I push it down and nothing. I'd say it feels the same as when I push it any other direction.

Last edited:

fisnik

Passed Driver's Ed
faulty switch
replace with other one and your problem will ne solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviving the thread. I bought a new switch and still same issue. Unless the new switch is broken as well, then it has to be a different source. Anyone have any ideas?

CTMK6

Reviving the thread. I bought a new switch and still same issue. Unless the new switch is broken as well, then it has to be a different source. Anyone have any ideas?
Hey did you ever get it figured out?
I'm having the same problem :(

klanger2003

After getting a detail both my mirrors were all the way up and switch would not move them down so I moved them down by hand . Still they will move up by switch but not down. Perhaps pop mirrors off and check movement with switch . My guess is that the movement is beyond the normal travel now, most likely from the detailer using a buffer on it and pushing it off track so without mirrors in place could be moved back to a neutral movement range. I've been meaning to do this myself but haven't yet :oops: